“Great Riding on a Great Horse”

Dahab Horse Riding Club
Ranked #3 of 4 Nature & Parks in Dahab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dahab is heaven and heaven can't be perfect without beautiful animals and creatures like horses If you like horses, then you know how it feel to ride by the beach, or swim with them! Galloping in the wadi between the mountains, in the beautiful desert of Sinai Come and join us We have the best horses, clean and well fed and the best rates.
Henley on Thames, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Riding on a Great Horse”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was just a short visit to Dahab so I arranged to only take a half day ride. I was collected from Dahab Paradise hotel and driven down to the stables. The stable yard is small, but cool and quiet and the horses have large boxes and are relaxed, happy and in good health and condition. My horse was the beautiful black stallion called Zack. We rode south along the beach to the tiny village where divers and snorkelers enter the water to check out the reef and where people relax on cushions in rustic restaurants serving delicious drinks and snacks. After hanging out with the locals and some tea we rode back into town. I had a wonderful time. Ali, my guide, was super in every way, and I will definitely be back...hopefully for a longer trail next time!

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Horsing around Dahab”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We spent an incredible afternoon riding in Dahab, Sam and Ali are super attentive so as an inexperienced rider and a complete beginner we felt totally safe (even in the high blustery winds out at the lagoon). The horses are beautiful, well looked after and well behaved. Massive thanks to Emma for encouraging us to get up there, no better way to enjoy the glorious scenery of the desert meeting the sea than trotting along the beach. (Get the recommendation for the best local kebab stop from Ali too... uuummmmmm there tahini is to die for)
PS lessons start soon so you can take us on a longer desert trek next time

Hove, United Kingdom
“Simply the best in Dahab”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I live in Dahab, so already knew about the breathtaking scenery. Miles of beautiful, clean sandy beaches to ride along, or stunning mountain rides. After a few years out of the saddle, I had lost my confidence, so desperate to regain it I have tried afew stables in Dahab.
On arrival I wondered around the clean stables saying hello to the horses. Every single one is in fantastic shape and well cared for. Sam was our guide and nothing was too much trouble for him. His English is perfect, so no chance of a misunderstanding. I explained I was nervous and my partner had only ridden several times. The perfect horse was chosen for both of us. We both had a lovely time, my partner has seen some horses around town and could not believe the difference between them and the Dahab Riding Club horses.
After the ride we stayed and had tea and I picked Sam's knowledge for ages. What do they feed the horses, how do you get good tack in Egypt etc etc etc. He was patient and seemed happy to be quized. They also help a local charity, giving back to the community and helping less fortunate working horses.. I bought a horse from a local that couldn't afford to take care of him and felt that I was not doing best by him either due to my lack of confidence. Sam, Ali and Emma have all assured me that if I need any help with my horse, all I have to do is ask. A lovely kind and caring horse family.

Biggleswade, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely rides with happy horses!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have just returned from a visit to Dahab where I spent three days riding out with Dahab Horse Riding Club. I should note that I work for an agency marketing riding holidays and went out to learn more about the set up for our clients.

I was happy to find that the horses here are in excellent condition and well cared for by the team of guides and stable staff - Sam and Ali are knowledgeable horsemen who treat the horses respectfully. I rode two different horses (both stallions) and both were forward-going but responsive with lots of energy. They had great stamina and were totally non-spooky to ride, even when up close to vehicles, wind surfers, camels etc. I would describe myself as a confident intermediate rider and I was able to enjoy fast riding which I really enjoyed, but equally they can offer rides of a more relaxed pace. Both the horses I tried could easily be ridden at a trot or controlled canter in open spaces and could be walked on a loose rein.

Dahab is a lovely place with a safe, friendly feeling and a relaxed pace of life. I went from 8 - 11 February and it was beautifully sunny and warm, around 25 - 28C, with a refreshing breeze. I rode to the Blue Hole, the Blue Lagoon and the Oasis of Wadi and I enjoyed the variation in scenery and terrain, riding along the beaches and looking at the incredible colours of the water, and then experiencing the impressive mountains and desert scenes. The first day was a long full day ride and the horses were fed and watered during our lunch break and they had plenty of energy for the way back. I found the rides to be interesting from a cultural point of view as well as the scenery - there is some riding on the roads (given that you're based in a town!) and this opened up opportunities to experience the everyday life of the locals.

I rode with Sam and he helped me take lots of lovely photos. He was an informative and easy-going guide, giving helpful tips on how best to ride each horse but never being at all patronising or critical. He made me feel relaxed and comfortable and we were able to enjoy the riding and surroundings quite happily in each other's company.

I'm really pleased that I went and saw this stables for myself. Dahab is an excellent location for a hotel-based holiday, as you can mix riding with other activities such as diving and snorkelling, but I would love to experience their point to point trail rides sometime too and see places such as St Catherine's Monastery.

This stables is an easy hour drive from Sharm and there are regular flights at a reasonable cost. If you're looking for a sunny holiday and exciting riding opportunities then give this a go!

Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
“Best day of my holiday!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Me, my mum and my step-dad had an amazing day out for my mums birthday. The day started with a drive in a private car from Sharm to Dahab, which took about an hour. Then we had a quick stop at a lovely bakery for a cup of coffee and a cake. Next we were introduced to the horses; they were well kept and all looked extremely healthy. I used to ride quite a few years ago but was a bit nervous after such a long break. They have a wide range of horses, and I was able to ride a horse which suited my riding skill best. I rode a lovely quiet horse which really helped get my confidence back. We were able to go at our own pace, as fast or slow as we liked. The scenery was beautiful and the whole ride was so relaxing. After the ride, which lasted about 2 hours, we had an amazing lunch at a little cafe on the beach. After the ride the horses had a break and a rest in the shade, and we brought some apples from the hotel as a treat for them!

It was such a lovely day, definitely the best day of our holiday!

Visited October 2013