“Great food in Dahab”

Ranked #62 of 108 Restaurants in Dahab
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Egyptian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Caravan Cafe and Restaurant will take you on a journey with the flavours of the middle east.
Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland
“Great food in Dahab”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Wonderful staff, caring, not pursuing and friendly.
Tip for dinner: order a fish. You will be pleasantly surprised by the food and the price.
Tip for breakfast: Egyptian one.
Although it is not written anywhere the restaurant is not alcohol licensed, but works well as BYO.
Definitely can be recommended.

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed the food at this place!!! They have quite a good variety on their menu, I was stuck on what to choose! Only ate here once during me and my partners three night stay in Dahab, however would have loved to have ate there again, but we like to try new places.
The staff were very accommodating without being too in your face. Very pleasent and made sure you enjoyed the food.
When returning to Dahab we will definitely be back :)

• Visited September 2013
“If u care about the taste”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

if u really want to eat something special and have special taste that u would never have in Dahab, u should visit Caravan Restaurant

• Visited January 2013
Killeen, Texas
“Wonderful food, clean atmosphere, and excellent service @ a decent price!!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was our first trip to Dahab and we did not know what to expect. We are a family of 5. We were there for 5 days. We passed by the The Caravan several times a day and we finally stopped there to eat our 3rd day in Dahab. I think what attracted me to this restaurant was the fact that they did not hassle us for our business, the scenery was beautiful, it was peaceful, there were not any dogs and cats hanging around, and unlike some other restaurants we did not have to fight with the flies. The service was great. The waiter was very attentive to our needs. The food was delicious as well as the Cappuccino and Fruit Lassies. I fell in love with their Coffees, Mochas, and Cappuccinos! It was the best that I have ever had! We have never had a Fruit Lassie until we went here and I can tell you we were hooked!!!! We had to get a 2nd Strawberry Lassie each time we ate there. The presentation of the food and drinks was simply beautiful. We even took pictures of our drinks and our food! I love this restaurant! The staff knows how to cater to people. They are very friendly! We even met the chef! I must say we spent the remainder of our vacation eating breakfast and lunch at The Caravan. We spent no more than 300L.e each visit. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I would love to go back just so I can eat and drink at The Caravan!

• Visited March 2013
Nice, France
“Great food and outstanding service”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Probably the best of the restaurants we experienced in Dahab, with excellent quality food and an interesting, varied menu - makes a good change from the string of tourist restaurants on the main stretch that all essentially serve the same thing. The staff (especially the head waiter) are amazing, the most friendly and professional I have experienced in a long time. We ate there several times and tried a range of dishes, all of which were excellent - from the fresh fish, seafood, meats and the traditional Bedouin tagines. They are a 5 minute walk away from the main stretch of seafront, which makes it quieter and pleasant, but is a shame for them as it seems most people get caught by the touts in town. I would strongly recommend you walk the extra 5 minutes.

• Visited March 2013