“Amazing trip with amazing views”

King Safari Dahab St. Catherine/Mt. Sinai Trip - Day Tours
$100.00*
Full-Day Trip to Cairo from Dahab by Bus
Ranked #9 of 36 things to do in Dahab
More attraction details
Owner description: The monastery located in St. Catherine, Egypt has been called the oldest working Christian monastery in the world. The Burning Bush is located inside the monastery. Mount Sinai is the place where Moses received the Ten Commandments. King Safari offers 3 trips to the monastery to choose from. Guests can decide to visit the monastery and hike to the summit to see the sunrise or sunset.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was an amazing trip with amazing views and I fully recommend it to people who enjoy hiking. We were picked up from our hotel in Dahab, at about 10pm and it took about 2 hours to get to the base of the mountain. We started hiking at about 1am, got to the top at 4am and the sun came up at about 5:45am. The night I went happened to be a full moon, but otherwise I would have needed a flashlight for sure. Also, dress warmly! I wish I had worn warmer pants, gloves, and a hat. Luckily, there were some people who rented blankets at the top, otherwise I would have frozen! Again, highly recommended for people who enjoy hiking. It was fun to hike at night and the views are amazing during your hike down when you can see everything.

3  Thank Claudia B
There are newer reviews for King Safari Dahab St. Catherine/Mt. Sinai Trip - Day Tours

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We did a couple of trips with this company and we found them to be friendly, reliable and reasonable. They also arranged a taxi back to the airport for us for a reasonable price. Don't leave your bags upstairs on the glass bottom boat, they boy working on there at the end of December had light fingers! (Found him taking money out of a purse)

2  Thank Loui54
Reviewed December 29, 2012

It is quite a trip from Dahab to St Catherine. We booked the combined trip but unfortunatly it was cancelled and we were offered to go to St Catherine only. A four hour trip for half an hour visit is bit much but still we are glad we have made the trip. The icons made the trip worth while.

1  Thank jwijk
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We went on a group tour to see the sunrise at Saint Catherine's/Mount Sinai with King Safari in Dahab and were very pleased with the service they provided. We were thruroughly briefed when we booked our trip about what the journey entailed and we also understood that all expedition companies which have a Saint Catherine's/Mount Sinai trip are required to use local Bedouin guides onsite at Saint Catherine's. When we booked, we were clearly told that the guide is more of a trail-finder safety guide than your traditional talking or educational guide as used in other sites in Egypt, such as the Pyramids. There were no problems whatsoever with this arrangement with myself and my friend, we were actually delighted to know that the Bedouins in this small village (Saint Catherine's) were given some work as it appeared that this area had no other employment option than tourism.

1  Thank James V
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Our guide, Ammar, was very helpful and friendly on our trip to the White Canyon. The whole adventure was a lot of fun, even for people like me who are a bit scared of heights - Ammar was great at keeping me calm and moving. Lunch at the bedouin camp was delicious to

3  Thank kokokoko k

Travelers who viewed King Safari Dahab St. Catherine/Mt. Sinai Trip - Day Tours also viewed

Dahab, South Sinai

Been to King Safari Dahab St. Catherine/Mt. Sinai Trip - Day Tours? Share your experiences!