Nesima Resort and Dive Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsswimming poolspent nightsrooms are niceseacurtainsac
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at the Nesima Resort for 10 days in August 2012
5 stars to the Dive centre, well organised, friendly and very professional. Very happy to accommodate all our requests. Eslam was our guide for the whole time and was "the best guide in Egypt", showing us some excellent marine life, ensuring that we had lunch in the best places, with no rip offs, and being a genuinely professional dive guide, taking both safety and enjoyment into account. Booked through Regal Dive, who, as usual were excellent in their service.
The hotel was good, and staff friendly,we had a pool side room which did give us more space, the air conditioning was a bit temperamental, but the hotel management were always quick to sort it out. The resort was a bit sad in that it was very quiet and you had to run the usual gauntlet of restaurant staff and shop owners trying to get you in. Best place to eat was The Kitchen and the hotel restaurant was good too, but some of the other restaurants left alot to be desired, in that they gave you alot of free food that wasn't always needed and the quality was not great. Alot of the restaurants don't serve alcohol, but they are happy for you to bring your own.
A great divers holiday, but not alot else to do in Dahab if you are a non diver.

Room Tip: Poolside room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I had a fantastic stay at Nesima resort which is the quieter part of Dahab though conveniently a 15 minute walk to the Lighthouse. It was peaceful, beautiful ( Bedouin-inspired architecture) and Diana and Nubi at the diving centre were very helpful and friendly.
I really recommend this resort.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Emmita A
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at the Nesima Hotel for the last 2 weeks of August 2012, specifically to do some diving and to allow our granddaughter the opportunity to learn to dive. We booked with Regal Dive who as always will bend over backwards to make sure all the preparations and you stay with all the diving is the very best possible.

Goods
• Great location right on the edge of the town with only a short walk to the shops and restaurants. (The best being The Blue House, The Kitchen and the Italian past the Lighthouse)
• We stayed in room 13 which is a family room next to the pool. Basic and small but without been cramped, It was cleaned every day with new towels, good air-conditioning. We were very happy even though I have read some moans about them.
• Pool, probably one of the very best I have been in, in Egypt, clean warn deep mmmmmmm, would like to be back in it now.
• Diving centre, it’s says 5 star on the wall and it means 5 star, they will do anything to ensure your diving and stay with them is just what you want, and anyone who can teach my 11 year old granddaughter to dive must be five star. Guides are brilliant and considerate, diving very relaxed and well organised.
• Trips, the dive centre organised a Bedouin supper and star gazing, really good.

Bads
• Wild dogs are a big problem in Dahab and we saw many big fights breaking out including in the hotel grounds.
• Pool loungers filthy from all the local dogs sleeping on them, encrusted in dirt with most having very evident large paw prints all over them and they stink something rotten.
• Pool towels not allowed outside the hotel, so divers bring your own.
• Camel ride, nagged the whole time by the guide trying to sell us anything that came into his head and after two hours I was ready to strangle him, rude, pig ignorant and annoying, don’t do it.
• Breakfast is a complete farce, dirty crockery, poor selection of warm melting food most of which has done the rounds of several days out and is beyond human consumption, air-conditioning going full blast but with all the doors and windows wide open it’s a pointless exercise.
• Sadly we saw a lot of closed hotels, very gloomy shop owners and loads of abandoned building sites, the press says business is back in Egypt what they mean is Sharm, Dahab is very quiet and I wonder how long they can keep it up for.

Over all great holiday, great hotel, fantastic diving centre and excellent travel agent, it wouldn’t take much effort to resolve the pool lounges and the breakfasts and given the current economic climate it’s a bit of a no-brainer. We will go back but I will negotiate a price without breakfast as that was shockingly poor.

Room Tip: Superior by the pool
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Discovered
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I feel very lucky that we chose to come to this resort to learn to dive. Myself and my daughter completed our open water referral here and discovered a whole new world! Our instructor Nubi was wonderful. Professional, knowledgable and relaxed. The perfect combination for nervous new divers! All the staff at the dive centre were helpful and efficient and the centre itself was well organised and clean. Nothing was too much trouble. We mentioned that we wanted to ride a camel and our dive guide was really helpful in organising a trip for us. We rode up into the mountains to watch the sunset. The beauty and silence were breathtaking. Our Bedouin guide made us tea over a camp fire and then we walked back under the star light. It was a truly marvellous and memorable experience.
The hotel was also excellent. The rooms were of adequate size, clean and comfortable, and the towel sculptures on our beds were a treat! The pool is lovely, as are the grounds and all the staff were friendly and helpful.
The location is perfect, you can float in the pool and look out to the sea only a few metres away, or across to the stunning mountain backdrop, and there a loads of restaurants and shops to choose from. We went in to a different restaurant every night and they were all good, and great value for money.
We had no problem whatsover with mosquitos, we didn't see a single one and neither of us got bitten at all - a first for us on holidays abroad!
The only slight irritation was the cats. There are lots of dogs and cats wandering around Dahab. The dogs are no problem, very quiet and docile, but the cats can be pests when you are eating. Some of the restaurants provided us with water in a spray bottle to use if they got too close! However on one occassion when we chose to sit on the floor to eat, a cat leapt over my shoulder and made off with 2 slices of my tuna pizza before I could blink!
This is a recognised problem in Dahab and there are many people, including Diana at the dive centre who are working hard to get the animals spayed and neutered to try to control the population. It didn't bother us, but it is not the place to go if you dislike cats or dogs!
I would definitely go back to Dahab and Nesima again, we had a wonderful holiday there and I am missing it already!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Linda K
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The resort is located on the market street, close to shops and restaurants and has a very nice dive centre, but the service at the resort could be better, we had to switch rooms three times to be able to use their advertised "wifi in all rooms". The service at the pool bar could also improve! The feeling that I got was that the batman was doing me a "favor" to serve me... The food from the pool bar is not bad, but be prepared to wait, so if you are starving or in a hurry you would be better off somewhere else.

I have to single out Tamer, he is a dive guide at Nesima, and is very good at what he does!

I would return to Nesima, mainly because of it being centrally located for nightlife, but if you are planning on going to Dahab and basically spending your holiday at the resort, I would say consider some others.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends