“A wonderful place to go!”

Red Sea Relax Dive Centre
Ranked #10 of 85 Tours in Dahab
More attraction details
Owner description: Just meters from the teeming waters of the Red Sea and the famous Lighthouse reef this year Red Sea Relax celebrates 10 years of providing quality diving services at great value prices!
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I can't thank the staff at Red Sea Relax enough for how they looked after me and especially Sophia who showed me such care for the very nervous person I am! I have been near the sea a lot in my life but always too scared to try diving. After talking to Sophia she gained my trust and I signed up and it's the best thing I have ever done! She literally held my hand when I needed it and explained everything so carefully and with such confidence that she encouraged me from the start! The manager Paul is honest and clear to answer any questions and so helpful with everything I needed! Thank you also to Ahmed for all his help.
They are the most professional team I have met and I will be back again now that they have started me off! Thanks to you all! Michaela

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"diving world"
"diving center"
in 8 reviews
"can't wait to come back"
"my advanced open water"
in 17 reviews
"confidence"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went fun diving this year with Red Sea Relax along with my Fiancee. We are both Instructors that have managed dive centers before so know what we want when we Dive for fun. Red Sea Relax ticked all of the boxes for us, we couldn't have been looked after any better.
Every day we arrived at the dive center we found our equipment set up and ready to go, we had our own Instructor to guide us the whole time who clearly new his stuff and the areas we were diving. The equipment was in good condition and clean and the diving was great.
I would highly recommend to anyone heading for Dahab. And the Thistlegorm is a must, amazing dive!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you want to dive in Dahab, head straight for Red Sea Relax Resort.
They are a five-star PADI operation, based at the Red Sea Relax Resort Hotel – which, very conveniently, is just on the edge of Dahab town centre.

I am not a hugely experienced diver (about 45 dives)….but I have dived in quite a few different places (Sharm-el-Sheik, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Cuba)….and I can honestly say that I have never had such a great experience as I had last summer (2012), in Dahab, with Red Sea Relax.

This was entirely due to the quality of the scuba instructor who led our dives – Sophia McBeath.
Like any great teacher, Sophie can operate at many different levels, according to what’s needed. She is, no doubt, terrific with ultra-confident divers. I, however, needed something different. I’d recently had a skiing accident. This meant that I was more tentative than usual (and I’d always been quite a nervous diver). Sophie made it easy for me. They carried my tank out and I put in on in the water, same on the way back.

But that was just the start of it. Sophie has also turned me into a confident diver. What makes her such a great teacher? A combination of the following:

1/ Absolute rigour both in and out of the water. Most of the other places I’ve been, I’ve been, there has always been a lackadaisical approach to preparation, including buddy checking, followed by a mad rush to get into the water whatever way you could.
Sophie insisted that we take our time, get it right and do it right. The result is that I now feel in control of myself and my equipment in a way that I have never done before. That is the essence of good practice. And that is what gives you confidence.

2/ The actual dives continued our learning experience. She continued teaching underwater – and taught us to do things a whole lot better than we had been doing them. Both my husband and myself have emerged as much more accomplished divers as a result. Too often, you just get taken down, shepherded around a bit by somebody who is essentially disinterested – and that’s it.

3/ The above commitment extended to us too. We never felt like just another couple of customers – she took a genuine and personal interest in us and our development.

4/ She has a genuine passion for what she does. She is interested in everything underwater…from the smallest coral to the turtle, octopus, barracuda etc. And she conveys that interest and excitement brilliantly.

5/ The teaching and guiding is done with a huge sense of humour and personal charm. We never felt patronised or talked down to. We had huge fun.

Perhaps the best proof of my positive experience with Red Sea Relax is that I intend to return to do my Advanced Training with Sophie…something I certainly never intended to do before.

Finally, a word about Paul, the Dive Centre Manager, who was our first port of call when signing up. A man of few words initially, he took on board immediately what we wanted and needed – and made it happen with the utmost efficiency and a very competitive price. (By the way, you get a really good discount if you stay at the Red Sea Relax Resort Hotel itself – which is a great place in its own right.) Paul is somebody, like Sophie in whom you can have absolute confidence.

It seems to me that this operation dives – and encourages diving – for all the right reasons. It has been the very best diving experience I have ever had – by a very wide margin.
Thank you so much, Sophie and Paul.

Sheila Fox

1  Thank Chris F
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I visited Dahab in October and Had a wonderful experience. Paul and Sophia were very friendly patient and most proffessional. We had a great diving experience with the Red Sea Relax Dive Centre and will most definitely be back next year. We did check out other dive centres in area and we are so glad we went with them.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 24, 2012

........... and I've experienced about a dozen in my 4 year dive adventure. It's impossible to know what to put at the top of the list of things to praise, but here goes:
-fantastic advice about various courses and sites for pleasure dives and great flexibility in devising an appropriate dive programme for my stays
-extremely attentive and helpful staff
-delightfully relaxed set-up, yet highly professional and confidence inspiring
-the most relevant, informative, understandable, comprehensive yet enjoyable briefings ever, whether for pleasure dives or courses. I count this as a huge plus as I know that every safety aspect has been given the thought it requires and the information adds enormously to the fun of the dive. (I've dived with 4 different instructors or DMs over a total of 4 weeks and all were spot on for this.)
The bottom line is that communication within this dive centre is great making customers feel they are valued and receiving great service. At the helm, Paul and Sophia lead the way setting standards that are followed by the rest of the team. This dive centre is the ultimate in professionalism combined with relaxation. Thanks everyone for all the fun so far and I'll certainly be back -again!