“A great instructor and dive centre”

Red Sea Relax Dive Centre
Ranked #17 of 82 Tours in Dahab
More attraction details
Owner description: Just meters from the teeming waters of the Red Sea and the famous Lighthouse reef this year Red Sea Relax celebrates 10 years of providing quality diving services at great value prices!
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great instructor and dive centre”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you want to dive in Dahab, head straight for Red Sea Relax Resort.
They are a five-star PADI operation, based at the Red Sea Relax Resort Hotel – which, very conveniently, is just on the edge of Dahab town centre.

I am not a hugely experienced diver (about 45 dives)….but I have dived in quite a few different places (Sharm-el-Sheik, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Cuba)….and I can honestly say that I have never had such a great experience as I had last summer (2012), in Dahab, with Red Sea Relax.

This was entirely due to the quality of the scuba instructor who led our dives – Sophia McBeath.
Like any great teacher, Sophie can operate at many different levels, according to what’s needed. She is, no doubt, terrific with ultra-confident divers. I, however, needed something different. I’d recently had a skiing accident. This meant that I was more tentative than usual (and I’d always been quite a nervous diver). Sophie made it easy for me. They carried my tank out and I put in on in the water, same on the way back.

But that was just the start of it. Sophie has also turned me into a confident diver. What makes her such a great teacher? A combination of the following:

1/ Absolute rigour both in and out of the water. Most of the other places I’ve been, I’ve been, there has always been a lackadaisical approach to preparation, including buddy checking, followed by a mad rush to get into the water whatever way you could.
Sophie insisted that we take our time, get it right and do it right. The result is that I now feel in control of myself and my equipment in a way that I have never done before. That is the essence of good practice. And that is what gives you confidence.

2/ The actual dives continued our learning experience. She continued teaching underwater – and taught us to do things a whole lot better than we had been doing them. Both my husband and myself have emerged as much more accomplished divers as a result. Too often, you just get taken down, shepherded around a bit by somebody who is essentially disinterested – and that’s it.

3/ The above commitment extended to us too. We never felt like just another couple of customers – she took a genuine and personal interest in us and our development.

4/ She has a genuine passion for what she does. She is interested in everything underwater…from the smallest coral to the turtle, octopus, barracuda etc. And she conveys that interest and excitement brilliantly.

5/ The teaching and guiding is done with a huge sense of humour and personal charm. We never felt patronised or talked down to. We had huge fun.

Perhaps the best proof of my positive experience with Red Sea Relax is that I intend to return to do my Advanced Training with Sophie…something I certainly never intended to do before.

Finally, a word about Paul, the Dive Centre Manager, who was our first port of call when signing up. A man of few words initially, he took on board immediately what we wanted and needed – and made it happen with the utmost efficiency and a very competitive price. (By the way, you get a really good discount if you stay at the Red Sea Relax Resort Hotel itself – which is a great place in its own right.) Paul is somebody, like Sophie in whom you can have absolute confidence.

It seems to me that this operation dives – and encourages diving – for all the right reasons. It has been the very best diving experience I have ever had – by a very wide margin.
Thank you so much, Sophie and Paul.

Sheila Fox

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Chris F

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Corby, United Kingdom
“Excellent Time”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I visited Dahab in October and Had a wonderful experience. Paul and Sophia were very friendly patient and most proffessional. We had a great diving experience with the Red Sea Relax Dive Centre and will most definitely be back next year. We did check out other dive centres in area and we are so glad we went with them.

Visited October 2012
Harleston, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The best dive centre ever.....”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

........... and I've experienced about a dozen in my 4 year dive adventure. It's impossible to know what to put at the top of the list of things to praise, but here goes:
-fantastic advice about various courses and sites for pleasure dives and great flexibility in devising an appropriate dive programme for my stays
-extremely attentive and helpful staff
-delightfully relaxed set-up, yet highly professional and confidence inspiring
-the most relevant, informative, understandable, comprehensive yet enjoyable briefings ever, whether for pleasure dives or courses. I count this as a huge plus as I know that every safety aspect has been given the thought it requires and the information adds enormously to the fun of the dive. (I've dived with 4 different instructors or DMs over a total of 4 weeks and all were spot on for this.)
The bottom line is that communication within this dive centre is great making customers feel they are valued and receiving great service. At the helm, Paul and Sophia lead the way setting standards that are followed by the rest of the team. This dive centre is the ultimate in professionalism combined with relaxation. Thanks everyone for all the fun so far and I'll certainly be back -again!

Cambridge
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent As Always!!! I cannot recommend enough!!!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

First let me start by saying............ forget all the news hype, and travel advisories. Dahab is as it always has been, safe and un affected by anything you hear in the media, i was here right after the revolution and again all last week, and i will be back many more times, as this place is as peacefull and relaxing as it has ever been...............

Onto the Dive Centre, what can i say.............Well i keep coming back to these guys every year, (this is my 5th visit) Paul & Sophia are excellent and welcoming, they cannot do enough to make your diving trip the best it could possibly be, on short notice they arranged 2 x boat trips for us, one to Gabr Bint, and one to Ras Abu Galum, they are helpful and knowledgable about all things diving, and all things Dahab! (Sophia will even sing you a song or two on Karaoke night! ;-)

The Instructors and guides, Nunu & Karim were helpful and friendly, Karim even helped us do some shopping and we got some really good deals!

I travel all over the word diving, but there is one place i go back to at least once every year, and that is Red Sea Relax in Dahab..............dont miss out these guys are by far the best!!!!

1 Thank JohnMartin1972
Peterborough
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Many thanks for yet another great week”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Yet another great week with Red Sea Relax Dive Centre (RSR). They are a highly professional operation with customer focussed staff and quality equipment.
Unlike a number of operations in the area, they are fully registered with all the various authorities and fully insured.
All guides are fully vetted to ensure that they provide the level of customer care that would be expected of a 5 Star IDC Resort.
Management are friendly and courteous at all times offering good advice on dive sites and were very happy to organise two boat trips at very short notice.
We were allocated Karim, a local Egyptian Divemaster with a detailed knowledge of all the sites, as our guide for the week and asked if we would join a group of Dutch divers who were already booked in. Karim is a very personable young man who was extremely friendly and made the whole week a very enjoyable experience.
Without doubt this has to be the most professional dive operation in Dahab and I can't recommend it highly enough, they will bend over backwards to do everything possible to ensure you enjoy your time with them.