“True to its name”

Cuisines: Egyptian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Love
Reviewed December 4, 2012

What a place!! Great selection of egyptian mostly veggie dishes which you can mix and match on a plate. One plate with bread cost us £15 egyptian and was plenty of food. The friendly owner will talk you through the dishes.

Right in the middle of town, street back from the beach. Exactly what you're looking for if you're on a budget and want to eat delicious, healthy food. Don't be turned off by the open air kitchen- it's clean enough and we ate there multiple times with no problems.

*Also worth checking out in Dahab is King Chicken-- we found the rest of the beach side restaurants overpriced with disappointing food (best for having a seaside drink only!!)

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Its all been said on the other reviews. High Turnover of local and visiting clientele in the know means this amazing food is fresh and tasty.

The Monster Falafel is one of the best street food snacks I have had anywhere (and I have had a lot) Just perfect, so much going on in there!

Monster Plate was also lovely with even more types of mezze dishes crammed on there!
My little one ate bread and falafel (which are the best I have ever had) very happily!

Friendly staff, friendly customers, great location on the street. Cheap, filling, What more can you want!

Tip = Make sure you ask for a plate of the long chillies.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband ans I go here to get fresh bread almost every day. It the only place I like to get fresh baked bread. We also once in a while get toher things from here also. Like Boiled eggs fried . I love these. I enjoy the beans and fried cauliflower. It a very busy place , I like the location and the friendlyness.
Princess Angel :-)

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was one of the eating places that was recommended by the Thompson rep. We have always been a little worried about eating out of the hotel because of the fear of stomach upsets. We were told that it was a restaurant so were surprised to find a fairly basic open air cafe. However we were not disappointed. The food was tasty, wholesome and cheap. Fafafels, unleven bread, mango juice and Egyptian tea was only 45 Egyptian pounds, that is less than £5 sterling for two meals. The service was quick and the locals friendly. All the food is freshly cooked and they provide a take away service. We ate there several times without a hint of an upset stomach. You can soak up the atmosphere and watch Egyptian life passing you by, such as the man in traditional dress arriving on horseback for his take away. You may find the advertisements on the shops opposite amusing.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

3 pound falafels. Excellent value. 5 pounds for other dishes. Right there on the main road. You know it is good because the locals all eat there.