“Come as a guest, leave as a friend.”
Review of Marine Garden Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahab
Marine Garden Camp
Ranked #6 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Dahab
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our stay was most enjoyable. The guys at marine gardens were friendly, helpful and fun. We felt relaxed and at home during our stay. Jimmy cooked up delicious and cheap food, in the comfortable dining area at the camp. Manager and receptionist were lovely and accommodating. Views are very beautiful from the camp, the sea lapping almost by your door. Very peaceful area around the corner and away from the main tourist strip past the lighthouse. Keep food in shared kitchen away from the clever (and many) ants that sniff it out right away. A variety of activities are provided by the camp, hiking, diving and trekking, with staff always there to help you. We hired bikes for 30le for half a day from Sinbads next door although bikes more than in a little bad condition with much needed care and maintenance but they get you around Dahab nicely. (Bike mechanics get on it!) Recommend staying here and would go again. Thanks y'all! Miss you already.

Room Tip: Choice of rooms, either mattress on floor or bed base. Each room has its own unique character, gues...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank China F

Reviewed April 20, 2013

One of the first (and last) traditional Bedouin camps, located at the Lighthouse Reef, around the corner of the busier part of Dahab. I spent 1 week here. Most rooms, located around a spacious interior court, have sea view (and breeze). Rooms are very basic, but everything worked: lights and electricity, wash basin with hot and cold running water, powerful shower, toilet, fan... and, hey, what do you expect for 7 EUR per night? Bedouin staff, honest and friendly people. Especilally Muttawa, the receptionist, who will do anything possible to make you feel at home, and Mohammed, the manager, who is really sweet. Relaxing area on the beach, by the sea, with carpets, mattresses and cushions. Equipped kitchen for self-catering, but there's a restaurant for inexpensive food, drinks and shisha too. Also tasty food and nice (real) coffee nextdoor, at Sindbad camp's restaurant.

Room Tip: There are rooms with private (ensuite) bathroom, but the shared bathrooms are a good option too, bec...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank iuppitter
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I liked the atmosphere very much, it was very friendly and inviting, cozy and clean! The owner showed me around and was very service minded.
And I liked the dogs and cats that were welcoming me all the time!
The toilets were not always working, and it was a little difficult to take a shower in the bathroom of my room, so I prefered the official one.

Room Tip: the double rooms are nice and big with windows towards the sea
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I am a Dahab regular and this time I decided to visit Marine Garden Camp in March after a friend recommended it to me. I loved it so much. As soon as I arrived I felt like home and very welcomed by the friendly staff. The camp is managed by a bedouin family who does great job to provide comfort with a local feel. I really enjoyed the bedouin dinner on the beach around a fire, under the moon ;-). Some fresh homemade bread and a typical bedouin homecooked meal was served and of course the sweet bedouin tea using local herbs. The food is cooked freshly and tastes soo good like at home. I woke up quite early to enjoy the most beautiful sunrises with view on the sea and the Arabian coast. It was the perfect setting to practise yoga. Marine garden is very well located in Dahab, not far from the lighthouse and close to eel garden area too where you can enjoy the best snorkeling. My room was very quiet and very cosy. I am looking forward to go back again and do a desert trip during my next stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2013

no need to stay 3 mouths to feel like in your home, in few days thanks to all people in this camp you feel like it
It s probably the cheaper camp in dahab, the greatest for sure and we can meet the most nicely people there
near the sea, near the light house (center of the relax dahab) this camp is in a center of every thing
You will come as a guest and you will leave as a friend
Thank you Motawa, Chico loco, Saleh, Djumar, Moussa and all people there
Oh and if you want to discover the red sea, you can ask to Desert divers at this camp :)
Enjoy, Mathieu

Room Tip: Room 11 is the best
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mathieuoury
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at Marine Garden Camp for 2 weeks over christmas and new years 2012 and we loved it so much! It started to feel like home almost instantely. The camp is so cozy and there's plenty of nice places to hang out, our favourite place was the chill-out area by the beach which was the perfect spot to view Dahabs gorgeous sunrises!! The location really was perfect as well. We really don't have anything negative to say except that we had to leave :( We tried some of the seafood that they served at the camp and it was soo delicious and really good value!

The guys who run the place and work there are really friendly and helpful in every way and help to make the atmosphere of this place so great!! When there was a misunderstanding concerning our taxi to the airport we had to wake them up at 3:30 am and they still arranged so we where sitting in a car within 10 minutes, thank you so much for that, you really saved us! Can't wait to come back, and if you are going to Dahab you should really stay at Marine Garden Camp!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks, and it felt like my home...I cried when I left.

It is of course for budget travellers, you get a simple room with a bed, and a bathroom (if you wish, there are rooms without bathroom also). Room has a fan, no AC.
The shared bathroom and shower was very clean (actually I preferred to use that instead of my own shower).
A shared kitchen, that was not so clean. But who cares.
Internet is working most of the time, but best just outside the room.

Some guests have been coming back here yearly for more than 20 years (I met 2 of them).
Location is at the calm side of Dahab, which is extremely nice. Just 3 min walk, then you are in the middle of everything.
Smoothie and coffee you can have at Chez Karim, just beside M G, and breakfast at Sindbad (beside Chez Karim)

Mohamed, the manager, is extremely nice, he went with me to the mountains one whole day, it was great.

Dahab is perfect for solo travellers, you meet a lot of extremely nice people all the time.
If you like yoga (ashtanga), Birgit is an excellent yoga teacher, that teach just close to MG (Blue Beach Hotel and Coral Coast Hotel) . Also Sarah is very good (kundalini yoga). I can´t wait until I can go back! Damn, maybe I should not post this, maybe I will not have a room..:/

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank peggybundy666
Marine G, Manager at Marine Garden Camp, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments, Peggy. We really enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon. We will always have a room for you, so please don't worry! :-)