“I love you, Marine Garden and Dahab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marine Garden Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahab
Marine Garden Camp
Ranked #6 of 26 Specialty Lodging in Dahab
Stockholm
“I love you, Marine Garden and Dahab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks, and it felt like my home...I cried when I left.

It is of course for budget travellers, you get a simple room with a bed, and a bathroom (if you wish, there are rooms without bathroom also). Room has a fan, no AC.
The shared bathroom and shower was very clean (actually I preferred to use that instead of my own shower).
A shared kitchen, that was not so clean. But who cares.
Internet is working most of the time, but best just outside the room.

Some guests have been coming back here yearly for more than 20 years (I met 2 of them).
Location is at the calm side of Dahab, which is extremely nice. Just 3 min walk, then you are in the middle of everything.
Smoothie and coffee you can have at Chez Karim, just beside M G, and breakfast at Sindbad (beside Chez Karim)

Mohamed, the manager, is extremely nice, he went with me to the mountains one whole day, it was great.

Dahab is perfect for solo travellers, you meet a lot of extremely nice people all the time.
If you like yoga (ashtanga), Birgit is an excellent yoga teacher, that teach just close to MG (Blue Beach Hotel and Coral Coast Hotel) . Also Sarah is very good (kundalini yoga). I can´t wait until I can go back! Damn, maybe I should not post this, maybe I will not have a room..:/

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank peggybundy666
Marine G, Manager at Marine Garden Camp, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments, Peggy. We really enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon. We will always have a room for you, so please don't worry! :-)

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was livin there for serveral month. I just loved it. The location could not be better. It is just 2 minutes to city but very quiet.
The guys who are working there became my friends.

Every time I am going to Dahab I will always go there.

ma salama enjoy

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Hi Timur

Thank your for your kind review. You will always be a friend now and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dahab soon.

Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

we didnt stay in the camp, we hired the beach apartment in assalah, which is owned by the same family, we had a fantastic experience living with the local people, the apartment is located right on the beach, which has wonderful views. The apartment is all new inside, with 2 goodsized bedrooms a bahtroom with shower, a large open plan living dining area, and has a roof terrace which is great for sunbathing. We had a fab holiday here and would recommend it to anyone, you can walk to masbat no problem, through the streets or on the beach, taxis are no problem, the shops around sell everything you need and are a very good price...we had all our dry cleaning done for less than £5 this included bedding, towels and all our clothes, and we had some clothes beleive me....We stayed for 15 nights and really didnt want to come home....We are going back very soon and have already booked the apartment again. Loved it so much it was an experience we both want to live again.
I also have to add we ate quite a few nights at Marine Camp and have to say the food was about the best you can get in Dahab, it was Good Quality and Very Cheap....Everyone in the camp made you feel welcome and you just wanted to go back and see them....

Room Tip: The bedrooms have aircon, which is very good....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you Miss Michelle - we hope you had a nice time here and we hope to see you again soon inshallah. The house is your house whenever you need it and you, your family and friends are welcome any time.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nice place for a chilled holiday on a budget. Very reasonably priced. Rooms are basic but clean and situated around a spacious courtyard. Staff is super friendly and welcoming. It's right near the water and only a couple minutes walk to the Lighthouse beach and all the shops and restaurants, but away from the noise and crowds. I'd say it's in a perfect location. Great place to experience local culture and meet new friends.
Added bonus- the best coffee and smoothies in Dahab are right next door at Chez Karim.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank dervishdervish
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our camp. Our place is yours, so please come back soon and you will be given another warm welcome!

Saint Catherine, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

If you're looking for a cheap stay in Dahab, Marine Garden is the place. Just outside the main strip, it offers decent rooms at very reasonable prices. It has a laid back atmosphere and the staff are pleasantly relaxed. THE place to chill!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your comments - we appreciate it and look forward to your return to Sinai inshallah. All our very best wishes. Mohamed and the rest of the staff at the camp.