“Excellent dive centre”
Review of Shams Dive Centre

Shams Dive Centre
Ranked #8 of 82 Tours in Dahab
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Professional instructors with a lot of experience, speak fluently english, well maintained equipment, great dive sites and fair prices. Everything you need for a great diving holiday!

Shamsiii, Owner at Shams Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2016

Hello from Shams Hotel & Dive Centre,
Thank you for your time to review us.
You are welcome any time and we hope to see you soon again.
Best regards from Dahab

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I went to Dahab for my birthday this year to avoid the inevitable birthday party at home and had the best birthday that i can remember thanks to the guys at Shams dive center & hotel.
Having dived with them before i contacted them directly and they booked my taxi from the airport and the rooms for my sister and I at Shams Hotel where we stay each year.
As we were only in Dahab for a few days we had prearranged everything with Hamdy and Ahmed, which meant that we could make the most of the few days that we had there.
On my birthday we went with Hamdy to my favorite dive site, the Canyon, where, with our own guide for the day, we enjoyed a leisurely dive there, lunch and a 2nd dive at the Blue Hole - again just the two of us & Hamdy.
Later that evening the guys from the centre and Shams (from the hotel) arranged a cake for me.
I couldn't have asked for a better birthday - great diving, great company and best of all no one asked me my age!!
I went back the following week after spending a few days in Sharm and completed my Rescue Diver course with them. Hard work but very rewarding and my instructor Geoff, made sure that it was as enjoyable as it was educational.
The whole experience was that of a very professionally run centre and great value and i can't wait to go back.

Hello Rebecca,
Thank you for your time to review us.
You are welcome any time and we hope to celebrate your birthday with you again.
See you soon in Dahab!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had the occasion to do a number of dives here this spring and was extremely satisfied. The equipment is new and in good condition with many sizes and the facilities are clean and spacious. My instructor was Geoff and he made me feel very safe at all times. He even grabbed on to me and helped me when we came upon a sudden rip current! Otherwise I just would have been swept away .... Another time, Geoff came upon a fish who was caught on a fishing line with a hook in its mouth and he managed to set the fish free. He always showed the greatest respect and concern for the corals and underwater life.

We went to several different dive sites and I tried out my new camera equipment in various situations. Geoff helped me with my buoyancy and other diving skills. I learned a lot from him and had fun. Hamdy, the person running Shams dive Center was also friendly and had excellent English. I would definitely go back there in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

i went diving at shams for like the third or forth (lost count) and the guys at shams never fall short in providing the best quality of service and gear. it has been great and will definitely be back soon. thanks to Hamdy and Ahmed for all their efforts in making our experience a fun one. many thanks also to Mohamed (guy handling the gear and tanks) and Adel (driver) for making life easier throughout the diving.

Good job guys and keep it up.

2  Thank ramykhalid86
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Very friendly and professional staff, very good equipments, and nice place to stay in. its site is very good also, placed in the center of everything yet quiet. I'd recommend it to anyone travelling to Dahab.

1  Thank Moh-AbdelAziz