Open today: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Home away from home

I had the great pleasure of meeting the Desert Divers family and join some of the activities they... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Sama M
via mobile
Highly recommended

Very professional joint in Dahab with a relaxed and very friendly vibe. One of us doing OW and AOW... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
leopardfdo
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews rock climbing camel trek free diving course ras abu galum climbing gear snorkeling safari vegan restaurant an amazing place to stay great rock climbing trip egyptian tea rocky mountains bedouin guides staff working at sharm el sheikh airport four days bedouin food
Reviewed April 27, 2017

If you want a small and wonderfully soothing place on a beach, you should go to Dahab. this place is small and serene, but also happening in the evenings. And if you want to make the trip even more memorable, you should get in touch with Desert Divers. I did introductory scuba diving and rock climbing in the Wadi Gnai with them. The experience was something I would cherish as a pleasant memory with me for long time. Said knows the Wadi very well and his passion for introducing and promoting rock climbing in Dahab is clearly evident. The routes in the Wadi initially look easier than the grade allotted to them. But as I started the climb, the crimpy tiny holds complied with the grade. Very soon, the walls made me realise that there is much to work for me to improve my climbing. The beauty of the Wadi is the cold temperatures in the isolated valley in spite of simmering heat around it.

This is one of the best of my trips in long time, thanks to Desert Divers. A little adherence to timings by staff was something that remained desirable. But the calmness and patience displayed by Tarikh, my diving instructor, was really a great help in making my first ever dive a most enjoyable event. Thanks to Said and his team.

Date of experience: April 2017
desertman, Owner at Desert Divers Dahab, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2017

Hi there, and thank you for the kind review. It was very nice to have you here with us. Thanks also for reminding us that "Egyptian time" isn't everyone's time - we'll work harder to stick to timings in future. Take care and keep in touch!

Reviewed April 26, 2017

My family and I spent the most incredible couple of days trekking with the bedouin through the Sinai. Desert Divers were extremely friendly and the whole trip very well organised - everything had been thought through. We were picked up from Dahab by our bedouin guide - who drove us a couple of hours out into the heart of the Sinai where we were to meet our camels. The landscape was beautiful - with mountain ranges amongst the sand, breaking up the skyline. You really felt like you were in the middle of nowhere. The camels themselves were very well behaved - and having never ridden a camel before it was a lot of fun learning how ! Everything we needed for camping was carried by our camels - and handled by our very efficient guides. We were cooked a delicious meal from a real wood fire - no gas stoves ! Before sleeping out under the stars. It was pretty magical and I really couldn't recommend it more - definitely the highlight of my trip to Egypt !

Date of experience: April 2017

Hi there, we're so glad you enjoyed the trek. It was a pleasure to take you into the middle of nowhere! Keep in touch and we'd love to see you again sometime.

Reviewed April 24, 2017

From the cool waters of Dahab Desert Divers plunged me and my family into the home of the Bedouin, the Sinai desert. Before meeting our camels it was time to have a cup of tea, and no that did not mean stopping in at a normal café, it meant stopping in at a Bedouin village, sitting round a small fire and sipping tea whilst being offered a local breakfast of fresh goats cheese and naan bread. The children came to join us, and brought over their baby goat to handle whilst the other goats continued to potter around the Bedouin hut. We found our camels with a Bedouin encampment in the heart of the desert. The young boys and girls from the encampment joined us for lunch. And then we were off! Taking us on our high vantage points over sand dunes, between rocky mountains, and through the boundless desert to one of the oldest Bedouin settlements, these camels were a pleasure to ride, giving an experience of riding so unlike that of horses; such is the ease and speed of the camel's desert plod. This is an opportunity which is so rare in our world today. It is to experience the living of man without machine in the harshest of environments.

Date of experience: April 2017

Hi there. Thanks for taking time to write about your desert trek on TripAdvisor. Everyone enjoyed your time with us, from the camp to your guides and the various Bedouin settlements you visited en route. and from the sounds of it, the baby goat and camels as well! keep in touch and hope to see you again some time

Reviewed April 24, 2017

A fantastic camel trek was organised for me and my family in which we spent 2 days with three Bedouin guides camping out in the desert under the stars in the real Bedouin style. However, most of the time we were travelling on camel back through the desert, wandering past majestic views of both mountains and golden sandy plains (unlike the expected picture of a desert) but also witnessing the true history of the Sinai desert. Furthermore not only was this a most enjoyable trip, it was stress free, easily flying to Sharm El-Sheick and taking a taxi to Dahab where we met our very welcoming guide Fraig and then our chilled-out camels. In my opinion, having stayed in Egypt for 2 weeks, this was by far the highlight of the whole Egyptian experience.

Date of experience: April 2017

Hi there, and thanks for taking time to review your trek. Given all the things to do in Egypt, it's quite an honour for us to be the favourite part of your experience. We're super happy about that, and would love to have you all back with us again some time!

Reviewed April 24, 2017

GREAT DIVE FOR ALL DIVERS AT ANY STANDARD.
Explore the great dive and live the Bedouin life, a life time experience must try

Date of experience: April 2017

Hi there! Glad you loved Ras Abu Galoum as much as we do! take care and keep in touch :)