“Didn't fail me!”

Desert Divers Dahab
Ranked #12 of 82 Tours in Dahab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dive, climb, trek, freedive and stay with Desert Divers in Dahab, Egypt! The great thing about Dahab is that all of these activities are world-class, as well as on our doorstep. Many eco awards including an EU-grant for developing sustainable tourism in the Sinai. Any questions, just ask!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Didn't fail me!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My 2nd trip to Dahab and back to Desert Divers I went - they are friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and great value. Big thanks to all there - may they continue to thrive!

I booked a day's diving at Canyon & Blue Hole, my friend who doesn't dive was able to come with me and she went off to snorkel whilst we dove, but not only that, the considerate Barracuda also gave her advice on what direction she should take to get the most out of her swim.

See you again one day guys!

2 Thank JQ73

Poole, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Free diving course”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband really enjoyed learning to free dive with Steve. I enjoyed the real Egypt lazing on the sun loungers of the beach bar opposite and looking at the coral reef.

2 Thank SmileyDawn
Inverness
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Steve @ Desert Divers is an excellent choice for new freedivers”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Walking along the prom & followed the handwritten sign (and a long-standing niggle) into Desert Divers to sign up for 21/2 days of freediving. Found Irish Steve to be reassuringly no-nonsense and warmly supportive of progress - he gave this 57yr old the confidence for 20m vertical and 60 horizontal. Can't say more than that!
The owners, however, need a kick up the bum. While there is a friendly chill area at the front where Egyptian tea is served regularly-there is no shower or changing cubicles, the electrics are lethal with bare wires jammed into terminals IN THE TOILET, there appear to be no permanent admin staff, and the phone no. on the website is unobtainable.
Five stars for the freediving - 2 stars for the centre.

3 Thank Scotchwhiskers
desertman, Owner at Desert Divers Dahab, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Hi there,

It's Tanis and Said with you (the ones who need a kick up the bum!). We're so sorry the back of the club was in such a state when you were here.
As I'm sure you noticed, the land owners are in the middle of redeveloping the site. The rooms are nearly finished, and next up are the public toilets and changing area (which, we know, are terrible at the moment). Your review - and in fact your comments to Steve earlier - have made us take a hard look at what we can do now to improve the situation. Anyone walking in today will find slightly better facilities. The land owners hope to finish new toilets within the next 2-3 months. So far, we have been patient - they started the changes just before the Revolution, and it hasn't been easy for them to fund the changes and complete them as quickly as we all would like.
We're glad you enjoyed the freediving, and the Bedouin tea, and we really hope you will give us a 2nd chance to give you the full 5-star Bedouin hospitality we are famous for.

For reference, our phone number (which is working) is +20 (0)69 3640 500.
In Dahab or Sharm, simply dial 3640 500.
From anywhere in Egypt outside South Sinai, dial 069 3640 500.
From an international number, +20 69 3640 500.
I hope that helps!
Aboyne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent outfit”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Very friendly, well run, highly professional dive centre. All arrangements, airport pickup, accomodation, dive tours and cups of tea immaculately planned and delivered. A very enjoyable stay.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank William L
Pisa, Toscana, Italy
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Steve and Desert Divers for AIDA *** Freediving.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I contacted Desert Divers only a few days before departing with a list of activities I wished to do. They were extremely quick in setting up a full Itinerary with all the items I requested to be covered. They took care of everything from the moment I landed to the moment I departed. And all of it was professionally done and on time. I was mainly going for the Free-diving and on this note they did not disappoint. I went there with nothing and came away with an AIDA 3 star rating. The free diving instructor Steve was extremely good. His enthusiasm and passion for the sport is infectious. He has an excellent knowledge of the subject and was very good at making sure you understood all aspects of the course. His intuitive knowledge of what the student was experiencing at each phase of the course helped me feel at ease with reaching deeper depths safely and achieving longer breath holds which culminated in numbers I would not have thought possible before. I cannot recommend these guys enough. The climbing and desert trips which I did as extra activities were also extremely pleasant with experienced local guides utilized throughout. One word of warning: If the dive master Interns (yes there is such a thing as diver interns??) ask if you want to go for a quiet drink after work: JUST SAY NO!! :-) An extremely positive experience thought out. I highly reccomend. b.

Visited October 2012