“Fantastic view and location and friendly hospitality”
Review of Neptune Hotel

Neptune Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Dahab B&B and Inns
“Fantastic view and location and friendly hospitality”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Sara was super, she helped me with questions via email even before I arrived and helped with tour info and let me check out late. Absolutely no complaints. Highly recommend it, and you can't beat the seaside view from the deck! I stayed up till 3 am looking at the moon from that deck. If I go back to Dahab I wil stay there again for sure.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night at the end of September. We had a booking made for a week in advance, so they definitely knew we were coming. I've been to Dahab before, so I'll list the good and the bad of this place:

The Good:
Wifi worked very well in the room.
The gentleman who served us breakfast was super nice and friendly.

The Bad:
We had 2 rooms, one for us and one for our friend. When our friend showed us her toilet, someone left a little turd in it. I saw it. Pretty gross.
Our room had piss all over the toilet seat. It seemed like they didn't clean the room before we arrived. The first room they gave us had an ant problem, so we moved to a different room. One of the beds was missing a pillowcase and the pillow was obviously old so it was pretty nasty.
The shower leaked all over the bathroom floor so at night when you go to use the toilet the floor was always slippery and wet. The whole bathroom was gross.

We arranged an airport pickup and there was someone waiting for us at Sharm airport which was really good.
When we arrived to the hotel, we hadn't even gotten past the front desk when the clerk was asking for payment. Usually we leave our passports at the desk while we settle in (it was late and the airport is about 45 minutes away, we were tired) so we were hoping to get to the room and leave our bags. The desk clerk wanted payment immediately which was not really necessary.

Make sure you are specific if you need 1 bed for a couple, because we requested a double bed and we got 2 beds. When we tried to say we booked 1 big bed they wanted more money to upgrade us to a room with a big bed. We declined as it looked the same and it was only 1 night. We could not wait to get out of this place. For the value, go someplace else.

As Egypt needs all the tourism it can get right now I feel bad giving this place such a low score but if you rent me a room that has piss all over the toilet seat then I can't pretend it didn't happen. Another thing: the hotel is right in the center of town and next to Club Rush, so be careful about booking on weekends if you value your sleep because you won't be getting any!

We will return to Dahab but never again to this hotel. We spent a week at the Bedouin Moon and it was amazing. Try there instead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Can't describe the great experience I had, people there are so nice, so friendly, and extremely helpful..
The room was great, of course not a 5 stars room, but it had everything I needed, comfortable bed, air conditioning, T.V , small refrigerator, and the most important thing SEA VIEW.
Overall extremely satisfied, highly recommend

• Stayed September 2013
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great staff and great location, the Neptune is truly the home away from home. Run by good, honest, hardworking people who'll help you out as best they can. Not a five-star hotel, but definitely the nicest I've stayed at in Egypt, and miles above anything in Sharm-el-Sheikh. First hotel that ever made me feel home-sick after leaving.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed here 2 months now, says it all realy. The hotel is bang in the centre of Dahab. The staff are all friendly and honest making me feel at home. A special mention for the lovely Sara who's smile is allways welcoming and is allways helpful. The balcony has an amazing vew (also good for people watching). If you want good clean rooms (good wifi) with a friendly welcome in the centre of town (right by the bridge you see in many pictures) this place cant be bettered. See you Soon!

Room Tip: no your not having my room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been staying at Neptune hotel for over one month. Have to say I have been very happy here and plan to stay for longer. Staff are helpful, location is great and overall i found thus the best place to stay in Dahab. Try this hotel , you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Neptune Hotel in Dahab is great, I spent the best 3 days in my life here with the decent service and the awesome view the hotel has, it'ssimply perfect for anyone any age. I enjoyed it and I will sure go there again when I can :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends