“Very expencive” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Hole Restaurant - CLOSED

Blue Hole Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Seating
Description: This restaurant was formerly known as "Chill Out," then "Felluca" (which still maintains a branch across the street). Now this place is called "Blue Hole," although whether its management has changed I'm not sure. Some of the workers are still the same.
Dahab, Egypt
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very expencive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

So I went there tonight after the waiter have been asking me for days.

I got to choose a nice fresh fish (a snapper) and ask it to be grilled in lemon and garlic.

The people there were nice and help full and that about the entire positive I have to say.

When the fish came, it was not grilled but fried and covered in tomato and onion, for what is was, it did taste good, but not what I order.

The France fries I ordered had to be send back and fry some more time.

While waiting I wanted to use the Wi-Fi and got the password right away, logged on, but didn’t work and I ended up using the Wi-Fi from the restaurant next door (I was there the day before and knew the password ) .

After done eating the fish, I was charged 213 Egypt pound ( Fish + 3 diet 7up + extra plate of France fries ), twice the price of any other restaurant I have been to and order the same. After some arguing I got it down to 183, but still very expensive.

My advice is, go the extra 25 meter to one of the other restaurants ( “Friends” or “Ali Baba” just next door).

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Flemming C

• Arabic first
الاسكندرية
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and wonderful reception and cleanliness are the restaurant logo"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

I found there all the benefits of love and affection and that we wish we were pleased and when we went there and found the reception wonderful and delicious food, hygiene and scenic

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank roro_rery
Cairo, Egypt
“the most delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

Excellent service and wonderful food the restaurant is clean and comfortable and quiet atmosphere

• Visited August 2011
4 Thank RarePearl_12
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Beaware, London prices in Dahab”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

Beaware of the over priced fish meals, these are NOT as stated in the menu. The staff and service are very pleasant, but then the fish is offered as being 'fresh and the best price in Dahab'. When you question the price of the meal you get quoted 'a very good price' and no actual price. We fell for this but fortunately only ordered one fish meal between us. The meal was very well cooked and presented, but the bill came to 400LE.... we were both shocked.
I would say this is not typical of all restaurants in Dahab. We'll now check Tripadvisor before visiting any resaurants on holiday.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Gary H
Deal, United Kingdom
“Rip off merchants”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

Beware this lot. They change names often (they were The Big Chill two years ago) and with good reason. We finally gave in to the tout and went to eat there on a night when none of us were very hungry, so we just wanted something light. No menu was offered, but a plate of fresh fish bought for us to choose from. We asked for a small amount of squid, and a small fish between the three of us. They just ignored us when we asked how much, saying 'good price', and by then we felt bad walking out. But the bill came to over £60, with a soft drink each (they don't serve alcohol). This is three times what we'd paid for far bigger meals with beer at other places. It was well cooked, but not worth it. There are so many great, friendly places to eat in Dahab - so steer clear of this one.

• Visited December 2011