“Beyond expectation”
Review of Above Sea Level

Above Sea Level
Ranked #51 of 81 Tours in Dahab
More attraction details
Owner description: Premier Rock Climbing in the South Sinai’s Dahab, Egypt, the diving mecca of the Red Sea. Whether you have never climbed, are a beginner, intermediate or expert rock climber, we have something exciting for you at Above Sea Level. We provide expert knowledge, instruction and state of the art climbing equipment. Safety equipment use and safe rope practices are the core of our operation. We offer a variety of climbing: Sport, Traditional (Trad), Bottom/Top roping, and Bouldering, as well as beginner and advanced courses, guided day trips locally. We run Try Climb days for novices to get a taste of what climbing is about. We also offer climbing safaris to St. Katherine for full day, multi-pitch climbing. When you want a break from the spectacular waters of Egypt’s Red Sea, contact us and we will take you to new heights, “Above Sea Level.”
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beyond expectation”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

A challenge to the body and senses, combined with safety, excellent equipment and sound support.

Visited April 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Exhilarating and professional all the way up the rock”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Before leaving the beautiful and relaxing Dahab I was asked if I wanted to join in with some climbing. Not being on a rock for some time I jumped at the chance. I had not experienced any rock in Dahab so I was a little nervous to say the least.
Above Sea Level was the choice made to take us out and I am relieved that it was.
Jaimie and Jenny made the day so fantastic. We were taken by vehicle to a Wadi where there are several climbs to do ranging from easy to "are you joking". The equipment is 1st class and set up for you from the start. Time was taken to show you how to tie your own ropes and make sure you know exactly what does what and what goes where and why.
The professionalism of Above Sea Level is 2nd to none. Although the day is made up of fun and laughter safety is paramount from the outset. All in all Above Sea Level is one outfit that is not to be missed if you are looking for something different to do in Dahab.

Visited May 2011
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic climbing supported by professional guides”
Reviewed June 6, 2011

To find such brilliant climbing and such a company who have a wealth of experience, and patience, has been a great surprise. Everyone should try this out!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank halihalo
Budapest, Hungary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun & proffessional”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I have to admit, I am afraid of heights, therefore never ever tried rock climbing before. With Jenny and her kind and proffessional guidance I managed to climb like I never thought i would. It was a great day out, I was very proud of myself, and I felt competely safe!
The wadi is beautiful. Bedouin tea and some snacks as refreshers, a perfect day in the desert, good contrast if you come to dive. Regardless your climbing skills, strongly recommended!

Visited June 2010
2 Thank liliome
Dahab, Egypt
“Thanks for the super cool day”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I live here in Dahab since 2006 and that's one of my best days off here, we met at 10 am, we tried our equipment and it was brand new kit, then we went to the south to start our Rock Climbing Adventure :)

Jenny was our guide, she was super nice & a lot of fun, This was my first time ever climbing and of course it won't be the last.

I highly recommend Above Sea Level for any people looking for FUN & ADVENTURES.

Visited April 2011