“Excellent food”

El Fanar
Ranked #23 of 109 Restaurants in Dahab
Cuisines: Egyptian, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Business, Local cuisine Excellent, Entertaining clients, Cheap EatsDining options Brunch, lunch, dinner, booking, until last night
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We revisited El Fanar this year, and the food was so much tastier than before! The service was good, as usual, and the setting as idyllic as it gets in Dahab. Very impressed- we will go back, which is more than I can say for many of the shore-front restaurants- they are all much the same price, menu and setting. El Fanar's menu had quite a few different options, and was a good price too. Recommended.

There are newer reviews for El Fanar

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Food both times has been good, especially the prawn coconut curry. Service is very slow but all the restaurants in Dahab seem to be the same. We will be back.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We came here for breakfast. The atmosphere is nice. First of all the food took so long for a pancake and continental breakfast. The pancake was so terrible and tasteless that I refused the food and made them take it back! Then the continental was suppose to have plain toast. What we received were two buns that had huge lumps of hard dough in the middle! So disgusting! We ate the yogurt and fruit and boiled egg. I told the men there to fire the cook! The worst restaurant by far in Dahab! We ended up walking to Everyday Cafe and reordering breakfast which has become our favorite breakfast place! Do not waste your money at this restaurant!!!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This was a lunch stop as part of a tour to St.Katherines monastery. We pre-ordered our meals, whilst on the coach and, presumably, the guide phoned the orders in to the restaurant. We had a choice of meat, pasta or pizza. I ordered the meat and to say it was very well done was an understatement - it was burnt. I ordered a drink with my meal and was charged for 2. The guide made that right for me.
I fail to understand that a Tour Operator, with a good reputation as this one has, chooses a restaurant like this. Maybe the price, that is paid, is reflective of the service you receive. The extra * I have given it is purely for the awesome view across the Red Sea, towards Saudi Arabia, from where I sat.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Don't try it, very bad food, very small portions, over promising staff, very expensive, bad service.
It's a waste of money.