“Best Place to Gain More Experiance in Freediving”

Blue Ocean Free Divers - Day Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Blueoceanfreedivers provide all of your needs for freediving courses from beginner to Instructor. We also hire equipment, including our very own custom built heated dynamic training pool. We can tailor personal training days to suit your needs. We are based at H2o dive centre. The courses are run with small groups (max 4) and can be on a one to one basis for only a 20% premium. Courses are AIDA certified, and include all the equipment required.
As Saffaniyah, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
5 attraction reviews
“Best Place to Gain More Experiance in Freediving”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've participated in Three Days of Training Session, Aida 4* and Half Course of IC with Brian Crossland. I've experianced the real and most profissional training that add 17.5 meters to my PB. I came to Brian and my PB was 35 meters CWT, after only 7 intensive training and 2 rest days between the 7 days I managed to reach 47.5 meters.

by the way when you come to Brian ask for the CO2 table session in his awesom swimming pool

Visited October 2012

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best freediving school in Dahab”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Thank you so much for the AIDA instructor course and internship at the best freedivng school in Dahab. I am looking forward to sharing the sport with others and living up to the high standards to which I have been trained. Thank you so much Blue Ocean Freedivers
Top rate instruction, equipment, pool, location and facilities. Very highly recommended.

Visited December 2012
Manchester
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I recently completed the AIDA 2* course with Brian; I've been scuba diving for years but wanted to try something different. An eye-opener of a course, free diving as I've discovered is not simply a case of holding your breath and swimming down. Brian is one of the best teachers I have had the pleasure of learning from. There were two of us on the course and he adapted his teaching style to accommodate the both of us. At no point did I feel unsafe whilst holding my breath for a given time whilst underwater - something that is certainly not normal! Brian has a natural calmness which definitely helps when doing a sport such as free diving. He's not pushy and you don't feel rushed. He's a extremely patient teacher also, a major plus when I have my blonde moments.
He has his own purpose-built 30m long swimming pool at his house, a major benefit whilst training especially as Dahab's waters can be rather choppy at times - which, as you imagine is not the most relaxing thing when on the surface trying to be calm to be able to hold your breath for longer. He is the only free diving Instructor in Dahab who has his own pool I may add.
His equipment was in immaculate condition, he's just purchased some new wetsuits too. I notice that a previous review gave a 4* review on the basis of the price. Yes the equipment you need is minimal when compared to scuba diving, but it is expensive equipment. I certainly wouldn't blink at paying a bit extra for the quality of instruction you receive and as I said, the pool is worth it's weight in gold too. Having said this, Brian's prices are very competitive and he is not more expensive than the other free diving establishments around Dahab. Also the quoted price said reviewer gave is for two people.
For those that are looking for more advanced training, Brian is a AIDA Instructor Trainer, so you can't get much more qualified than him!
I will definitely be returning to continue on to the AIDA 3* course with Brian too and I fully recommend others to look no further when searching for a free diving Instructor. Brian is a PADI Divemaster also, so next time I will be mixing scuba and free diving and I would love to be his buddy for both.
Thanks Brian!

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great training”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Like others, I found out about Brian and Blue Ocean Free Divers through Tripadvisor. As a beginner, I wanted to improve my technique rather than complete certified courses. Brian helped me in the open water with depth diving but I also had sessions at his pool which was great to help me build up more confidence, relax and improve my breath hold. I also went out snorkelling/freediving with Brian and some others at various snorkelling/dive sites, which was very fun. Brian was very patient and I would definitely recommend him for anyone wanting to start or improve their freediving in Dahab.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank iv26
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Real personal Focus”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I contacted Brian at Blue ocean based on trip advisor reviews as I just wanted a bit of help and advice improving my fledgling freediving. He did so well with me that I spent two weeks with him enjoying myself and blitzing every personal best by miles! He wasn't selling or steering me into courses he just got the best out of me as only a true teacher can. Many thanks Brian I can't recommend you highly enough, best wishes Paddy.

Visited November 2012