“Come to Sinbad and relax” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sindbad Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahab
Sindbad Camp
Ranked #8 of 26 Specialty Lodging in Dahab
“Come to Sinbad and relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Only stayed for 3 days but wish it could have been longer. Elon & his staff set a standard of friendliness, helpfulness & customer service that many expensive hotels could learn from. The moment you walk through the gate you know you are in a safe place.
The accomodation is basic but great value for money, the atmosphere informal and friendly. It is impossible not to make friends here.
Wonderful location right on the beach close to everything you might need. Sinbad is a great base to explore from and a great place to chill out.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank peejayalexander

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
littlehampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

this year was my fourth stay at Sindbad camp and I love it. I feel it my home in Egypt.
The camp itself is rustic and basic but it has a really friendly atmosphere and I always feel safe and happy there.
The staff are all really friendly and helpful and help to make this peaceful place a real joy.
It is quiet and restful but well situated for all activities you may want to do.

The website describes it well and if you want a swimming pool. piped music and a luxury room then you would not like Sindbad and you would be better off getting a package holiday. If you like chilling out and listening to the sea then you will love Sindbad.

Room Tip: I love the Seaview rooms but you have to share facilities (no problem for me as very clean) you can...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sharon p
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I chose the Sindbad camp when I was surfing the Internet to find a place to stay. I made an absolutely right decision. The place is perfect (close to the beach, restaurants, shops and at the same time quiet). The staff is friendly, they are ready to help you at any time. The prices for rooms and dishes are reasonable. I stayed at Sindbad 4 times and felt like I was at home.
I really love it ))

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Serhii K
Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at Sindbad for 3 weeks in October. The staff is really friendly and helped me to organize everything I needed.

The rooms are really affordable. There are many places to chill out in the camp, perfect to read a book or do some exercise.
The location is really good, close to the main activities happening in Dahab.

Thanks again to Elon (the manager) for taking care of my lost luggage :-)

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christopher C
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Don't be fooled by the relative simplicity of the camp - the people here are honest, friendly and look out for you as best they can, the rooms are immaculately clean and comfortable, and the bathrooms may, at first glance appear less clean, but the staff go out of their way to maintain them, cleaning them several times a day.

For the price, it's amazing - unbeatable in Dahab, and if you need anything at all these people will go out of their way to help you without ever mentioning purchasing anything from them - a rare quality in Egypt.

We were planning to stay only one night there, but ended up staying for almost a week - we couldn't pull ourselves away. We left a phone there overnight when we checked out and left, but found ourselves because of unfortunate circumstances back late the next night, and they had kept it safe for us. Really, this is the best place in Dahab, and the location is perfect if you want to check out the cheaper restaurants nearby (don't get fooled by the main strip - there are affordable, delicious places to eat for under 10LE per person) and you'll suffer the hawkers much less from where you are here.

Room Tip: Really, everything is perfect - even the cheapest rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Breeeee
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

So I made my first visit to Dahab last week. I arrived on Friday morning and immedieately got me feet wet. Sadly, after my first taste of the underwater beauty i sustained an injury. Elon, the camp's manager jumped into action. While my injury was not life threatening, it required immediate emergency attention. He personally took me to the hospiutal, stayed with me through the evening after my operation and insured that my family was informed about my situation.

After getting back from my stint in the hospital, my stay at Sindbad was very relaxed. I needed to get back to Europe early to insure that my injury was indeed going in the right track, so i was not able to fully apprecieate the week i had booked. However, the location, the vibe and the set up has me hooked and ill be coming back, this time with better luck i hope. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MaxWillemTau
Cairo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

The rooms were ok, but below hostel standards if that's what you're expecting, very old furniture and a very musty old smell as soon as you open the door.
We got the more "luxurious" rooms with an ensuite bathroom (which is shower and toilet and sink all in 1) it was clean and fine but their was no door stopper so as soon as you turned the water on, it flooded the whole bedroom. When my husband and I went to talk to the owner- Elon about the situation he said, rather sarcastically "Should I rebuild the room so that the water flows the other way?"
He was rude and cold to us most of the time but seamed to get on well with the rest of the people there who were all Europeans.... It all made sense tho when some of the locals told me that he just doesn't like Egyptians.
I think he's in the wrong country.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sherin W
Elon S, Manager at Sindbad Camp, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thanks for the honest review.
Apparently my sense of humor was misplaced and I am sorry for that. And thought we resolved the issue by providing you with a floor mat that limited the problem.

As for not liking Egyptians...? Your sources are wrongly informed. I love this country and it's people and choose this country because I feel welcome and at home!
Regards,