“a pre-birthday treat”

Ranked #13 of 113 Restaurants in Dahab
Cuisines: Egyptian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Friends restaurant in Dahab is one of the most famous places with chilly atmosphere and nice food http://friends.dahab.me
Reviewed January 25, 2013

well what can I say we went out shopping one day found friends for a drink they showed us the fresh fish and lobsters we went back on the sat for the meal there was so much food you couldn't eat it all it's true what they say come as guests leave as friends

Reviewed January 24, 2013

It is one the most friendful and peacefull place in Dahab, don't miss a chance to have a gourgeous evening here with a nice cousine and friendly attitude from stuff guys. When you would be here ask Omar and Moody and you will have the best chilling nightout.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I do love this place, people, especially Omar and Mody:) don't miss the chance to try Omaly - its delicious!)) very nice atmosphere for the night out with friends or romantic evening!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

With a week in Dahab and lots of eating options, I didn’t eat at the same restaurant twice. I tried Friends on my last evening and I wish I had went earlier as I had my best meal there and would have went back. Like many restaurants in Dahab it’s a sea front restaurant with cracking views and on paper they offer similar fare to many of the other seafront tourist places. They have comfy seats, Bedouin style décor and music, and warming wood fires throughout, which provides a fantastic atmosphere at night. They offer the same meal offer that is common in Dahab: a free shared starter meze selection, free bread and rice and free shared dessert with any main course bought. And with main courses averaging about £5-£6, that’s a great deal. But the difference with Friends was that the quality of both the freebies and the mains seemed to be superior to other restaurants. The hummus was thick and rough with more flavour and the dessert that we expected to be just a fruit plate turned out to be a tasty selection of ice cream, pancakes and fruit. My main course was Turkish chicken and was fantastic – chicken stuffed with rice, nuts and cinnamon; unusual and delicious. My partner picked out his own red snapper, which was obviously pricier than the usual fare, but well worth it according to him.

Like many restaurants in Dahab they don’t have a licence, but are happy for you to bring your own alcohol for free. They also offer shisha to try although it’s not on the menu. It’s very cheap (£1) and the staff were sweet enough not to laugh at me as I coughed my way through my first experimentation with it.

In my opinion Friends is the best sea front restaurant for dinner in Dahab – combine this with a lazy lunch at Bedouin Sons down at the lighthouse area and you’re in for a great day of Egyptian feasting!

1  Thank werebimbo
Reviewed January 21, 2013

If they have prawns on catch of the day out front, have some as a starter. Expensive but beautiful! :)