“Best in Dahab :-)”
Review of Meya Meya

Ranked #11 of 109 Restaurants in Dahab
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Galway, Galway, Ireland
“Best in Dahab :-)”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Great food, nice freindly staff. Mr Smiley is a credit to the restaurant, Nothing is ever a problem, service is efficent and not overbearing......Thanks Meya-Meya 100%

• Visited July 2014

• Indonesian first
“Egypt at it's best”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Awesome fresh local food in an typical restaurant... perfect for a nice and relaxed dinner. To be mentioned is the stuff that is extra friendly and always has a smile in their face - those guys love to host people. A must visit in Dahab :)

• Visited June 2014
Kigali, Rwanda
“Wonderful Dining Experience!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was making my way down the promenade in Dahab reading all the menus trying to figure out where to eat. As I was reading the Meya, Meya menu, Mahmoud (Mr. Smiley) came out to talk to me. He was not pressuring me like many others I met along the way, but very friendly. He told me that if I wasn't 100% (Meya means 100 in Arabic) pleased with my food it would be free. I then asked if he could make me a vegetarian version of the Fattah on the menu replacing the beef with aubergine. He quickly yelled over to the chef who confirmed this could be done and I was sold! The atmosphere is lovely, along the water with beautiful Egyptian decor and seating. The food was absolutely fresh and delicious! (I ended up paying for my meal!) One of my favorite parts was the fat street cats joining me (at a safe distance) for my meal. I was alone so they made for good dining companions! Overall one of the best dining experiences I have had in Egypt.

• Visited May 2014
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
“Good food and service”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Had a lovely meal at Meya Meya, although we had to change tables as the wind picked up and we moved to a more sheltered location, but it wasn't a problem for the staff. Lovely food, well presented and not too expensive. We had free starters and fruit after, which is a great gesture.

Visited May 2014
Portadown, United Kingdom
“Great bar and friendly staff”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I have been holidaying in Dahab for a few years now and always visit Meya Meya. The staff are very friendly and are always pleased to see us. The food is good and the portions large while being very reasonably priced.

Returning to the staff, they cannot do enough for you and will stay open late to ensure you enjoy your night out or just want to chill with a backgammon board. A big hello to Mahmoud, Hussain and Khalid who looked after us so well in February 2014 once again. See you next year from Tony, Bob and the gang....MEYA MEYA!!!

Visited February 2014