“Egypt at it's best”
Review of Meya Meya

Ranked #11 of 109 Restaurants in Dahab
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Awesome fresh local food in an typical restaurant... perfect for a nice and relaxed dinner. To be mentioned is the stuff that is extra friendly and always has a smile in their face - those guys love to host people. A must visit in Dahab :)

There are newer reviews for Meya Meya

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was making my way down the promenade in Dahab reading all the menus trying to figure out where to eat. As I was reading the Meya, Meya menu, Mahmoud (Mr. Smiley) came out to talk to me. He was not pressuring me like many others I met along the way, but very friendly. He told me that if I wasn't 100% (Meya means 100 in Arabic) pleased with my food it would be free. I then asked if he could make me a vegetarian version of the Fattah on the menu replacing the beef with aubergine. He quickly yelled over to the chef who confirmed this could be done and I was sold! The atmosphere is lovely, along the water with beautiful Egyptian decor and seating. The food was absolutely fresh and delicious! (I ended up paying for my meal!) One of my favorite parts was the fat street cats joining me (at a safe distance) for my meal. I was alone so they made for good dining companions! Overall one of the best dining experiences I have had in Egypt.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Had a lovely meal at Meya Meya, although we had to change tables as the wind picked up and we moved to a more sheltered location, but it wasn't a problem for the staff. Lovely food, well presented and not too expensive. We had free starters and fruit after, which is a great gesture.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have been holidaying in Dahab for a few years now and always visit Meya Meya. The staff are very friendly and are always pleased to see us. The food is good and the portions large while being very reasonably priced.

Returning to the staff, they cannot do enough for you and will stay open late to ensure you enjoy your night out or just want to chill with a backgammon board. A big hello to Mahmoud, Hussain and Khalid who looked after us so well in February 2014 once again. See you next year from Tony, Bob and the gang....MEYA MEYA!!!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Meya Meya is the friendliest, chillest restaurant in all of Dahab. It is the perfect place to sit by a nice warm fire and have a tea or hot chocolate. The deserts are very good as well. This place also has the cutest and cuddliest resident cats in all of Dahab. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Dahab.