We had an amazing holidays. We have booked 10 days all inclusive holidays through Thomson. Staff was very helpful and made us feel very welcome. We loved the entire place and we will be going back.
Please find a quick summary underneath.
Hotel is secluded and located on the hill - split into 6-7 levels (so you will find yourself climbing many steps - a bonus if you want to get fit! - or call for buggy). Top level is with the reception, shop, bar, cash point and the restaurant (view from the restaurant is superb- Dahab on one side, sea and Saudi Arabia on the other - very romantic). You also have gym, spa, tennis court, Bedouin tent (where you can smoke sisha) and a 'massage place' on the beach (my boyfriend loved it). Gym was available upon request but spa was closed - which we didn't mind as have spent most of our time by the beach and swimming pool.
We stayed on the third level (which in my opinion was the best one). Each room had a balcony or terrace - I prefer a balcony. Rooms are spacious with walking shower. Tea/coffee and a bottle of water are available in the rooms (some people said that bottle of water was not enough - I agree but you can refill it for free in the main or swimming pool bar). The small downside was we had two beds joint so you might want to try and ask about big mattress. Rooms are cleaned every day - worth to leave a tip.
Hotel was pretty quiet so we always had a nice space by the pool. Some people say the hotel was to quiet (especially comparing to Sharm) but for us it was a retreat. We didn't have to stress about getting a good spot by the swimming pool or worry about anything - just relax and enjoy our stay. We loved the reef. I snorkelled for the first time in my life! I definitely will try diving next time. Also it was possible to try kite surfing - equipment was available to rent by the hotel (it was also very popular in main bay in Dahab). We enjoyed ping-pong as well - our new hobby (how silly:) )
There was quite a big choice - I like it. There was a different theme every evening. As I part of Inclusive lunch choice was limited by the pool area so you can always go to main restaurant. I would like to point out .... DESSERTS ARE TO DIE FOR - dates' or chocolate cake - ladies be aware!
We have gone on few excursions. Thing to note, Dahab is about an hour journey from Sharm by car so if you are planning to go to Cairo etc it will cost you more time and money. Thomson rep offered us a day trip for around £300 per person to Cairo - well something we didn't account for before and decided we would do next time (consider doing a holidays which would consist of a week on the boat on the Nile and week by the beach if you are interested in seeing all the sights - will be much cheaper). At the end we have done few trips:
1. A 'Combo Trip' with Thomson - quad bikes, camel and evening with some entertainment and food. Quad bikes looked well look after also there were many very kind people to look after us. We have joined a bigger group and it did look a bit like '100 people in, 100 people out' situation - so we are glad we have done this but would not repeat.
2. We went out for snorkelling for entire day. We have joined a diving group and visited a few sites where we snorkelled with a guide. We also had a lunch on the boat. We enjoyed it a lot and would definitely recommend.
3. Private quad bikes. We booked it through a local company and had much more fun than the first time. There were only two of us and the guide and we had much more freedom up to where we wanted to go. Although I have to mention that quad bikes weren't in the best condition. Just to note: make sure you have an adequate travel insurance as quad bikes are not covered by the standard one.
4. Blue hole snorkelling. A very interesting site, especially for divers. Just please DON'T WALK ON THE CORALS!
Be surprised and fall in love in a raw beauty.
Well, I suppose we will know in the future what to expect. On the plane we didn't book extra leg room (know we know we have to probably) and it was pretty uncomfortable for my boyfriend. We go to the hotel in the evening but Rep didn't arrive to a next day (probably because it was Dahab not Sharm). But possibly the most disappointing was last day. you have to check out by lunchtime but the transport to take you to the airport doesn't arrive till 5-6 o'clock in the evening so if you want to keep you room (have a shower and refresh before you go) you have to pay extra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel located next to 18,000 m2 of private sandy beach overlooking the Gulf of Aqaba Three swimming pools (two for adults and one for children), one of them heated in winter The resort captivates the senses with unrivalled facilities and a relaxing atmosphere. Great diving spot and world-famous windsurfing destination 217 fully furnished rooms, family rooms and suites overlooking the sea Great choice of restaurants and bars to delight your taste buds and indulge your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ecotel Dahab Bay View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Dahab Bay View Hotel Red Sea And Sinai