“Best food overall during stay in Dahab”

The Kitchen Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 113 Restaurants in Dahab
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I can safely say that Kitchen provided the best food of the holiday, combined with a wonderful table with a view, fabulous service for a large party and very good standards of cleanliness. We had a lovely evening here and will definitely return. Very highly recommend.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

We ate here at Christmas and I had a chicken vindaloo which I was not too impressed with. However, on our second day in Dahab at Easter we decided to eat there again. We decided to choose Indian again (they also do Chinese, Thai and 'Sushi') . I have to say that I was absolutely thrilled as for the first time in Dahab I truly enjoyed a meal - this was our third holiday here.

We had chicken tikka masala which was gorgeous and fresh tasting, a chicken curry with spinach, also very nice, served with naan and rice. Thoroughly enjoyable! They also allow bring your own and we took Cape Bay Merlot for 77LE from a small alcohol shop on the right just before the spice shops before the bridge.

Unfortunately, the Indian chef went back to India the next day and this was the only meal we were able to eat there. Apparently, he was off to get married, but I certainly hope he was returning as I look forward to eating there the next time we go back to Dahab.

The place is very clean and promotes 'the Crystal standard' along with the Ali Baba restaurant further down. Both restaurants keep spotless kitchens and chefs wear plastic gloves.

Hubby said the Thai at Christmas was fine.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We spent a lovely evening here, our last before leaving for home. The staff went out of the way to ensure our large party had a special evening. We were seated on the "roof top" floor, amazing views. The food was great we all had different things and no one was disappointed. The loos and kitchen were spotless. This is the only place in Dahab that I would unreservedly give five stars.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Probably the best place to eat in Dahab. Closest you get to a modern western style restaurant but still know you are in Africa.

1  Thank oldagetrekkers
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I ate here because I wanted an early night after a tiring day and thought this place could provide reasonable food served quickly. Unfortunately the service was dreadfully slow despite there being less than a dozen customers and the food was mediocre at best. The drinks took half an hour to be served and everything else seemed to run in slow motion. I asked for a starter and a Thai prawn and pineapple curry, but when the curry eventually arrived it contained no pineapple. After I complained a separate plate of chunks was brought to me. The food was nothing special so I did not bother with a dessert. I though the food was over priced and I would not eat here again considering the alternative choice in the locality.

When leaving I was asked by the waiter if I had had a good meal and I told him frankly why I was disappointed. He offered an apology but nothing more.