“So so helpful - Tan tan colaboradores”
Review of Big Blue Dahab

Big Blue Dahab
Ranked #1 of 85 Tours in Dahab
More attraction details
Owner description: We are passionate about diving and dedicated to standards, quality and safety.Built in 2005, the dive centre is located yards from the waters edge on the sea front and the vibe is very friendly, fresh, relaxing and positive. The centre is fully equipped with the latest scuba gear. We frequently purchase new kit and everything from the regulators to the fins, BCD’s to masks are well known quality brands.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Diving with Big Blue Dahab was a fantastic experience. Mohab, the best guide I ever had, pacient, attentive, enthusiast... Friendly scottish guide Kat (with perfect spanish!!!) was also around, and Mohamed the manager was so helpful with everything not only diving. Glad we visited four diving centres until we found them. We'd recommend our friends to save their time and go straight to dive with this helpful lot. T-h-a-n-k y-o-u!!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"advanced padi"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I really recommend Big Blue, completely worth it! The whole three days we spent in Dahab getting our Open Water Diver certification were very enjoyable. People from Big Blue are very nice and helpful. Our instructor (Amr) did a great job at teaching, he is very experienced and knows a lot. The places he took us for diving were amazing. I would definitely go back and continue my advanced training there. Give it a try, you wont regret it!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

To dive with Amr, from Big Blue Dahab, as an instructor was amazing. He was really pacient and explained every little detail. In general people from Big Blue Dahab were all really nice!

Great experience, I want now to continue diving all my life!! :D

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had my first diving experience (apart from snorkelling) and my PADI Open Water Diver certification with Big Blue, and it really was an awesome experience. Dahab has an abundance of dive centres, so we spent some time researching which we were most comfortable with – and ended up with Big Blue.

We felt we had a good communication with Big Blue before we even started, and they were kind to explain their procedures and safety measures, and answered all our questions. They also asked if they could assist in finding acommodation or pick us up at the airport, but we already had this sorted.

As we arrived very late in the evening, we decided to relax for the first day. Even so, we received all our diving gear and a locker, so we could go snorkelling if we wanted – and got to keep it for the remainder of our holiday, so we could cool off with some snorkelling after a hot day in the desert.

As for the instruction itself, it really was superb. We were lucky to arrive in the off season, so we could basically have the course tailored to ourself. Since we had two experienced instructors who explained the skills in a patient and simple manner, and we had done all the theory at home, all the basic exercises was done fast (without rushing, of course), and we could enjoy more time perfecting our skills and enjoying our diving. Even when we thought we had the hang of it, the instructors always had some pointers and pro tips to make things easier. They also had a great knowledge about marine life, and a quick eye to point them out to us, and tell us about them when we surfaced.

My diving buddy unfortunately had some problems with his ears, so I was on my own for the last dives. Even if I was a single diver, Big Blue still took me out for three awesome adventure dives with an instructor (deep, drift and night). These three dives were the best thing about my time in Egypt.

If I had more time, I would definitely do my Advanced certification with them also, but alas, that is for another time.

Bottom line is, Big Blue is friendly, helpful, professional and will always make sure you understand the material and get the most out of your diving.

I will most probably go back to Dahab and Big Blue soon, and would highly recommend anyone to visit Big Blue for instruction or just fun/adventure dives.