“A great time!”
Review of Big Blue Dahab

Big Blue Dahab
Ranked #1 of 83 Tours in Dahab
More attraction details
Owner description: We are passionate about diving and dedicated to standards, quality and safety.Built in 2005, the dive centre is located yards from the waters edge on the sea front and the vibe is very friendly, fresh, relaxing and positive. The centre is fully equipped with the latest scuba gear. We frequently purchase new kit and everything from the regulators to the fins, BCD’s to masks are well known quality brands.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A great time!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have been diving with Big Blue last week, with dive master Omar. I had a great time. All staff are very nice and helpful. Gear is fine, dive sites easy to access. I can definitely recommend them.

• Arabic first
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great place to get back into diving”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I earned my Open Water certification back in 2009 and sadly had not had a chance to dive since then, until our stay in Dahab 2 weeks ago. We arranged our dives at the Big Blue centre in our hotel, and I am so happy that we got to dive with such a great centre in a beautiful location.

Several members of our group like me had not dived in a while, so we were taken through our review dive with our brilliant dive instructor Ibrahim. He was patient and very calming, and knew exactly how to ensure we were relaxed and ready to enjoy our dives before travelling to the dive site, Lighthouse. As my partner and I were getting married the next day, he even taught us a few underwater dance moves so we could have our first dance underwater!

Ibrahim was outstanding, friendly, knowledgeable and most of all very safe and helped us all regain our confidence in our diving abilities. He was even happy to delay our second dive while we waited for another member of our group to arrive from a different hotel.

The second day with Big Blue we spent with Mohab and Kareem at the Moray Garden and 3 Pools sites, and again both guides were extremely friendly, knowledgable and attentive, ensuring that all of our group were happy under the water and enjoyed the dives.

I cannot thank the team at Big Blue enough for renewing my love for the sport and for giving us an amazing experience diving the Red Sea for the first time. As a location, Dahab is STUNNING and full of some incredible fishes, and the dive sites were much less crowded than subsequent locations we dived in Sharm.

1 Thank themysticalcrab86
Nuremberg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to dive in Dahab”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was on my first visit to Dahab in Sept./Oct. 2012 and I wanted to go diving but hadn't decided beforehand which dive center to go with. I read some recommendations in the Lonely Planet but imho that guide really isn't what it used to be in terms of quality of research, so I checked out a few dive centers, among them Big Blue. When I inquired there about diving, the staff was really helpful and the regulators were all hanging neatly at the wall at the back of the office and overall I got a good feeling about the place. Plus they gave me a very competitive price, which was less than it says on the web-page, owed to the slow business in all of Dahab, I presume. I ended up staying much longer (about a week) than I was planning on. The management was very flexible about choosing dive sites and preparing time schedules and they tried hard to accommodate everybody's wishes. The number of divers per guide was small, equipment was in good shape (I rented most of the gear) and the guides/instructors knew their business. I got my Advanced OWD while I was there and my instructor was very thorough and went far beyond the minimum he had to teach me for the certification. Can't really ask for more. Just in case you are not comfortable with English, you should maybe inquire ahead of time if they have an instructor speaking your language.
I can't make any statements as to how Big Blue compares to other dive centers in Dahab since they were the only ones I tried, but I really had a great time with them. I'll definitely dive with Big Blue again when I'll come to Dahab in the future.

1 Thank rkel1
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding! The place to learn in Dahab!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

What an excellent time, Made to feel very welcome right from the start! (big blue even collected us from the bus station). The course itself could not have been better, thanks to our expert instructor we were made to feel relaxed in and out of the water. There is a fair amount to learn in the open water course and he took the time and patience to ensure everything was understood.

Had such at good time at big blue doing the open water course that we stayed on and did the advanced course as well. No doubt will return in the near future for more red sea fun!

Big thanks to all the Big Blue staff!!

1 Thank Cheeselington
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Should be your First and Only choice in Dahab!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

A top rate professional organization from my refresher dive to the camel safari dive trip to Ras Abu Galoum Park.
Lindsey is the star of the front office! And Omar is King of the deep! All of the staff are incredibly helpful and safety-minded. Over the course of a week, doing 10+ dives with other divers of wildly different skill levels, everyone's abilities were catered to and respected.
Looking forward to diving with them again sometime soon

Visited May 2012