“One of the best things I've ever done”

Sea Dancer Dive Center
Ranked #4 of 81 Tours in Dahab
More attraction details
Owner description: At Sea Dancer Dive Center we offer the perfect balance of safety, fun and environmental awareness. Whether you want to learn to dive, advance your training or just enjoy the beautiful sea life around Sinai, our multi-lingual, professional staff can ensure you get the most from your diving experience. Highlights include the 'Blue Hole', 'Canyon', 'Islands', SS Thistlegorm and Ras Mohammed.
Alexandria, Egypt
“One of the best things I've ever done”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I did my PADI open water certification with Sea Dancer a couple weeks ago, and it was one of the best things I've ever done. They are fun and flexible bunch, but thankfully not laid-back about safety and protection of the environment. If you're like me--a little skittish about some of the things you have to do when learning scuba, like taking your mask off underwater--I can wholeheartedly recommend Elvira as an instructor. She was an incredibly reassuring presence and an all-around fabulous teacher. You're in safe hands.

I plan to go back and do more dives with them. It's a great operation, and the stuff you see underwater would take your breath away except that the first rule of scuba IS DON"T HOLD YOUR BREATH.

(And incidentally, I appreciated that I spent a lot of time at the center and never once heard the same song twice, and no Bob Marley!)

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
England
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Professional dive centre.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Dived 10 dives with Sea Dancer and was very impressed with the service provided by the team. The dive sites we visited all lived up to our expectations and all the dive guides were attentive and gave us a great experience. Visited the Thistlegorm on a day trip and again this was very well organised (highlight of the trip). Value for money was also very good. The equipment organisation was also very good and we really enjoyed watching the system being tested.
Andy and Nicki

Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Dive a dream!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were absolutely blessed to have found this dive centre. In our group of 6 divers, not one of us have ever been to such a thoroughly safe, enjoyable, friendly and caring dive centre. After spending two weeks in Dahab, in which we partook in multiple dives a day - we got to work with the majority of the staff at the centre. ALL of the staff are completely professional with an informative approach to every dive that put our minds at ease when diving in an unfamiliar location. The meticulous emphasis on safety before, after and during each dive meant that every single dive flowed smoothly with everybody relaxed. Sea dancer accommodated the different qualifications taking place in our group: Open Water, Advanced, Rescue and a ‘try-dive’ whilst providing ‘fun’ dives for the other members of the group when the different qualifications were taking place. So as you can tell, we were NEVER bored. As for the aquatic life we got to see (without spending an hour or two typing up the name of every organism – yes we did see that much!): many types of fish, seahorses, octopus, lobsters, shrimps, moray eels, blue spotted rays, fan-tailed ray, corals, worms, sea fans, pens, turtles…the list is endless. The night dives are spectacular, but the fluorescent dive is one of the most amazing must-do-before-you-die things; and you guessed it, ONLY Sea Dancer out of all of the dive centres in Dahab does this. Make sure you indulge in this astonishing dive where you get to see the mind-blowing natural beauty hidden in the night time world under the sea – not many people know it exists! Sea Dancer has something special that you will rarely find from any other dive centre – the stretch they will go to make your holiday into a dream. We will definitely be back in a few months to just specifically dive with Sea Dancer again, because the impact they have on you is unequivocally astounding.
P.s. pictures to follow!

Gulu, null, Uganda
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just perfect”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Every morning I jumped out of bed with enthusiasm, even when it was 6am. Sea Dancer just made it so exiting, that you could never get bored even when revisiting the same site to do the training. I took my camera with me and Paul, Elviera and Kjeld all gave me tips and spotted fish and landscapes to get a good shot of. I completed my Advanced Open Water and Rescue Diver course whilst I was with them and Paul and Elviera were my instructors. They made it more exciting than ever. The Rescue Diver was a challenging course but Elviera made it even more challenging and much more exciting. She also added real life dilemmas in to give us more experience. While I was on a boat trip I slipped and cut my toe which required stitches. Elviera was amazing by tending to me and also arranging the boat to head back, call a driver to meet the boat, and called the doctor to inform him of the situation. The whole dive centre really looked after us, keeping us safe, happy and giving us the best options suited for us possible. Bradley

1 Thank Bradley M
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dive with the best, forget the rest!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Sea Dancer is the ultimate professional dive centre. Safety, and respect for the underwater environment, are their guiding principles, with thorough and informative briefings before every dive, yet at the same time they maintain a friendly, relaxed atmosphere that not only inspires confidence but makes diving with Sea Dancer fun. Their passion for diving is truly infectious, and their instructors real role models. Moreover, nothing is too much trouble - arranging taxi transfers to/from Sharm, arranging bike hire, organising diving away days, giving advice .... You name it, and if they can help, they will - whether this is Steve, the dive centre manager, one of the instructors, or even Asraf (the owner) who on one occasion came out on a dive boat with us to help find a relatively unknown reef that we had been told about (what a dive!).
And if you want to do a course, we all found that the quality of instruction delivered by the Sea Dancer staff was unsurpassed. In our two week's diving with Sea Dancer two of us completed our Rescue Diver qualification and four the group the Advanced Open Water qualification. In every case we found the instruction given was not only thorough, but was delivered in a way that made learning fun. We all want to come back for more.
Oh, and last but not least, you MUST try a Fluro Night Dive. A truly amazing experience and Sea Dancer are the only Dive Centre in Dahab to offer this!
Thank you all, we can't wait until the next trip.

1 Thank Andrew H