“The worst hotel i've ever been”

Sea Sun Hotel Dahab
Ranked #47 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed October 19, 2013

we only had to sit for only 1 night as part of a trip and it was on 18 oct. 2013.the problem was with the following:
1. staff is not enough for running a hotel(only 2 for HK, 2 for buffet serving and cleaning... etc)
resulted in:
1.Rooms,towels, lobby,restaurant tables,pool and everything is unclean.
2.service is too slow
3. no maintenance for the rooms as the bathroom door can't be closed.
4. no soap, or shampoo... we got the towels upon request.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Abeermelligy

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We're not the most sensitive family (I went to several archeological expeditions). But now this place is awful.
I hope that this is due to that riots stuff. It's about 10-15 guests in 90 rooms right now.
Seems that because of that there's no food, drinks and hot water.
Personel tries to be nice, but you have to struggle to have a glass of red wine for supper.
Pool is cold and dirty.
No safe sea entrance (you still can use the one in the next hotel).
If you have a choice now - buy just plain tickets and book a hotel in Dahab.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Denniskl
Reviewed October 5, 2013

After several holidays in Sharm decided to try Dahab. Sea Sun Hotel looked great as advertised.
Arrived evening 17/9/13.
Very quite to be told only 6 guests in total because most foreign tourist's
had been prevented from travelling due to Egypt's problem.
The few staff present were fantastic and couldn't do enough for us especially Oma and Micky.
Afraid it went downhill from there on. We were shown two rooms to choose neither were great,
Wall light hanging by wires, only one bath towel, half a toilet roll.
All meals we had no choice only what was put in front of us and to be fair they were presented
very well. We understand no chef present.
The pathway leading to the beach had dog foul that had been there sometime also the beach
had dog and apparently camel foul. The sun beds were filthy and hadn't been cleaned for some time.
I'am sure this hotel has seen better times but we were so disappointed with everything that we left for another hotel after 4 days.
I would not recommend Sun Sea it certainly doesn't live up to it's presentation.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rodney v
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Spent two weeks chilling by the swimming pool.Food wasn't five star, but the room was perfect.Free shuttle bus to Dahab was a plus. New manager with a heart of gold and a few laughs.Would I go back and visit again? Of course I would......and so should you.

Room Tip: It's a 40 minute walk to the Blue Hole.Price of food and drink is overboard! Take your own.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stevie510
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I travelled alone to this hotel in late June, 2013 and I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday. The rooms are large and spacious and any problems one had were sorted out straight away. The rooms were cleaned very day to a high standard. The food was a bit repetitive at times but I only failed once to have a meal and I am a fussy eater. The staff are great. The beach is lovely and other guests stated that the snorkelling was great too. The mini bus taking you into town in the night is very handy and it is just enough time to look around. If I returned to Dahab I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The rooms nearer the beach
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jeannette g
Reviewed August 12, 2013

great holiday great hotel and a new fantastic manager

i recently went to the sea sun hotel in Dahab for a break and also to go snorkerling in the red sea. it was amazing and whilst i was there a new manager had taken over.

what a breath of fresh air

great food
great service the staff are amazing

thank you for a fantastic holiday to all the staff and expecialy the new manager what a great person to have x

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lizc0le
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I visited here when the riots were going on (I've selected September 2012 on the drop down list for when we visited as it won't let me go any further back than that and I've just started to get to grips with Trip Advisor and catching up on my reviews). To be honest, it was a cheapy little getaway break. For the money we paid, it was money well spent. The week we stayed it was very quiet as a lot of people weren't going due to the riots.

As it was quiet, the staff did their absolute utmost to ensure we had a great time. We met the chef who tried to accomodate all our needs. if you're a fussy eater then all inclusive isn't for you 9but this goes for any hotel in any country). My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed every meal even though the chef struggles to get ingredients to cook with due to the riots.

Our room, the pool and the hotel in general was clean enough (I'm not going to say pefect but then again, we didn't pay 5* prices).

You can't fault the hotel or staff as they're trying extremely hard.

I wouldn't say that Dahab is the best place in Egypt however, it's a great place to visit. I especially recommend a visit to The Blue Hole which is a 10 - 15 minute walk from the hotel. It's quite an eerie place as there's a wall with all the names of the divers who never returned. However, the sea is just beautiful with all the coral and stunning fish - it's a great place to snorkel. This isn't a party place, it's very quiet but that's great if you're looking to relax and chill out.

If you're looking to book a holiday here bear in mind the price you're possibly paying. This is a great hotel if you get it at the right price but as with all holidays - if you're looking for 5* then go to a 5* hotel and pay the extra. For my husband and I, we were more than happy!!

Room Tip: If you're not happy with anything, just talk to the staff (without shouting at them) as they are...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple