“We had a fantastic holiday!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Shams Hotel

Shams Hotel
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Balk, Dutch
“We had a fantastic holiday!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

We stayed in Shams hotel for two weeks in august 2010, it is a really great place!
The rooms are good and clean, the sea view was amazing.
The breakfast , dinners and drinks we had at Shams restaurant were really good.
All the members off the staff (restaurant, kitchen, cleaning) were so sweet for us, super service!
Snorkelling in front of the hotel was very beautiful ,but also swimming and snorkelling at the lighthouse and the laguna was great too.
The shops were nearby and in a view minutes walk you find the restaurants.

We had a fantastic holiday in dahab!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Shamsiii, Owner at Shams Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2016
We in Shams hotel are so happy to see how happy you was here & that make us proud of our work
Hope we see you again soon :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

Really great hotel! All of the staff is friendly and accommodating (even Shams, the owner), rooms are cozy and quiet, food is good and excellent dive shop. The balconies overlooking the Red Sea are beauty. A remarkable value and a great hideaway to avoid the tourist touts and traps in Dahab. You wont be disapponted.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
shamsdahab, Owner at Shams Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
That is so nice of you , is that you Chris wrote that ?
if it is you send me your e-mail please .
i am happy to hear that , this means my hotel team is walking in the right direction .
looking forward to serve you again in the future .
all the best .
Shams :-))))
Travelling for 12 months
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2010

My fiancee and I intended on staying at Dahab for a quick 3-day rest, however ended up staying for 9 days! We stayed at Shams the whole time, and had a great time. The staff are all super-friendly, and helpful, and say hi to you each time they see you. The breakfast was included, and was so hearty (full English breakfast, Spanish Omelette, muesli and fruit etc) that we often didn't need lunch. But the best part was the Dive Shop at the hotel, where we I did my Open Water Padi course with Ehab Mohammed, who was an excellent Instructor - very patient and clear, and was somewhat of an underwater yogi. I felt really safe with him at all times. I was so impressed that I also did my Advanced Course with Ehab, which included the wicked Blue Hole and The Canyon. I can't speak highly enough of Ehab - if you're looking to do some diving I thoroughly recommend him and his Dive Master, Omar. Shams Hotel is a great place to chill out and hang in Dahab.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Iheartdiscovery
Shamsiii, Owner at Shams Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2016
Hope we see you again soon :)
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

I stayed in Sham's 5 nights and if you are looking for a quiet place where to have good sleep in a comfy room, very nice breakfast and very nice staff and very careful owner , close to horse riding and snorkelling locations, it is definitely the place where to stay. I spent the first night in Dahab at Bamboo hotel and it was very noisy all night long. So the next morning I went "hostel hunting" around Dahab and I arrived in this little paradise. It is definitely the best hotel I did in all Egypt and the place I would return to if I had a chance to go back to Dahab.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
I am glad you liked your stay at Shams Hotel
You are always welcome to come any time
All the best & see you soon again