“My favorite hotel in Dahab”
Review of Shams Hotel

Shams Hotel
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Cairo, Egypt
“My favorite hotel in Dahab”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I just came back from Dahab. I stayed in shams hotel for 6 nights. It's always a pleasure to go there : food is good (especially breakfast...), rooms are clean and , of course, people are so kind. I always have lots of fun in this hotel. I will for sure return there each time i go to Dahab.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lilas92
shamsdahab, Owner / Manager at Shams Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Lila , We are very happy to see you always coming back to our place ,
Be sure .. you always will have a place here :-))))

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cairo
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was in Dahab in October 2011, staying at another hotel nearby and came to SHAMS Diving Center by chance, to dive with friends and my 3 children! The place looked really different; clean, tidy, neat and cosy and the staff were more than wonderful; friendly, professional, cooperative, flexible and so much doing their best to make us Happy. Although we were staying on BB basis at another hotel, we used to come daily to SHAMS restaurant to have their delicious breakfast!!

I wanted to come to Dahab this week, and I did not think twice! I called Shams (The owner) and reserved with him on the phone! I am traveling alone this time, but feel completely safe and happy to be there. They make you feel so welcomed that you do not feel you are staying at a hotel, but at a home away from home.

I highly recommend SHAMS Hotel. I really enjoy being there. Whenever I decide to go to Dahab, SHAMS Hotel will definitely be my one and only choice!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
shamsdahab, Owner at Shams Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
Was such a great time having you here & diving with you , Looking forward for the next time only if you bring karim with you :-)
Paris, France
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I lost time at Shams.... One day I heard it is Friday. I could not believe it ! Was already a week and I felt like it was 3 days.... Everything was so well organized, food, diving, airport pick up. The staff is very discrete and REALLY helpful. It was like they read my mind. I have a knee problem and I found great help and understanding from all the team. For once diving did not match with limping. I could not stop diving or laughing and most important.... they make sure that the level of divers matches within the group, no matter how many guides they must hire making sure that everyone enjoy the dive.
Everyday after we came back from diving, we would find incredible animals fold with towels or else, elephant, camel, crocodile, boats... very creative. The last day of our stay was my birthday, they organized a surprise with songs and cake. I was very touch. A magic touch that makes each of us really unique and special.

And... I am still thinking about the complains I could make.... and still can't find much.

I will go back FOR SURE !!!!!

Room Tip: The bungalows are very nice with a wooden terrasse. Seaview rooms offer beautiful view on the restau...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
shamsdahab, Owner at Shams Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
Don't worry my dear , i am working hard not to leave any chance for you to complain ;-))))
Hi to all of you from the sunny land Dahab
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I had a lovely week in Shams in October 2011 with both my parents: The hotel was good and right at the sea. Clean rooms with a beautiful view, fresh water showers, excellent and friendly service. The diving at Shams Dive Centre very good as well: Well organized, brand new equipment, helpful and very friendly staff. I had such a good time at Shams that I immediately booked again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
shamsdahab, Owner at Shams Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2011
Jeroen , I am looking forward to see you soon my friend :-)
Windsor and Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2011

A friend and I stayed at Shams for a diving trip in October. The hotel is ideally situated on the main beach promenade in Dahab with shops, restaurants and bars next door. The main reason we stayed there was for the new Dive Center they recently opened. With all new equipment and experienced and knowledgeable staff, we had a week of fantastic diving and will definitely return to dive with Ahmed, Hamdy and Shams.
The rooms were large and airy with air con and fabulous views over the sea, although perhaps in need of a lick of paint, they were kept clean and were very comfortable.
The food in the restaurant was among the best we tried in Dahab and breakfast (included in the very reasonable room price) was varied and enjoyable.
I think what really made the holiday though, was how friendly everyone was. The staff and other guests were great fun and made our stay thoroughly enjoyable. As a diver i would not hesitate to return to Shams for the accommodation and diving, even as a single traveler.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
shamsdahab, Owner at Shams Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2011
Beky , Thanks for that nice review you wrote .
I am making a new paint at the moment , i will be able to send you some photos in a month .
Waiting you next year
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Shams Hotel, Restaurant and Dive Centre is ideally situated away from the busy areas of Dahab. Yet, it is only a 10 minute walk to the Light House area where there is a large selection of restaurants and bars.

Shams is where you'll experience the Dahab effect - everything is a one-stop shop from hotel room, to restaurant to the dive centre (which brand new). The hotel itself is comfortable and basic. The views are fantastic. The rooms have a balcony, a fridge and are air conditioned. There is hot and cold water which, while fresh, has hints of salt. This is normal however.

The restaurant is a place where you can eat, sleep, work, chill out, relax. No once minds what you do there or how long you stay there for. There is a nice variety of food and the quality of the food is good and very reasonably priced.

What really stands out is the exceptional and friendly service. Each and every member of staff was genuinely interested in ensuring that we had a perfect time there - which we did.

We will definitely be going back next year.

if there was a swimming pool it would be perfect.

Room Tip: Go for sea view.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
shamsdahab, Owner at Shams Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Thanks a lot Dear Haaries for the nice comment , I am happy you enjoyed your time in the hotel .
I Have soon a good surprise for you . Looking forward to see you again soon :-)
Dahab, Egypt
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I stayed at Shams Hotel for the entire month of March, combining a holiday with running my web consultancy business. What a lovely, convivial place to stay. I spent most mornings in the restaurant, eating their delicious breakfast and looking in awe at the beautiful sea view while catching up on emails. The hotel was always immaculately clean, and the staff made me feel very comfortable there. My room was spacious, and there was always fresh hot water. By the time I left Dahab Shams had almost become my home and I was very sad to leave. Thank you so much guys, and I'll see you when I return in July!

Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
shamsdahab, Owner / Manager at Shams Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
I go every day morning to your office ( inside the restaurant ) looking for you :-(
When are you coming back Allie ????
All the best