“Busy place for a reason”
Review of Blue Hole

and up
Day Trip to The Canyon and Blue Hole from Dahab
Ranked #3 of 37 things to do in Dahab
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I loved the location and so many fish. I like to snorkel and this was great for that too. The camels were hilarious as they grunted and "talked" at the end of the day. I would recommend bringing your own gear to have the most fun for the day.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,698)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"chimney"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Dahab!
For anyone who doesn't know what is the Blue Hole, It is a large 70 m wide hole within the coral reef going down to 80 m and with a 30 m long arch going to the open sea on its bottom. with Fish of all sizes and colors!

but what I really liked about it is the amazing feeling you get while you're descending in the blue with no ground underneath, it feels like flying!

The one thing I really didn't like about the place is that there are no showers there, I ended up buying bottled water and washing the salt water off of my body using it.

but it was an amazing experience over all and I sure would do it again soon

1  Thank Maysadek
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Nerves about the blue hole were shaking me beforehand; the site nicknamed divers graveyard. Loved it - perfectly safe to dive if you stay within PADI limits and is truly breath taking.

1  Thank MickeyKav
Reviewed April 1, 2013

So pristine! Loved the El Bells entrance - unique experience going down the 'tunnel' - it's only when you get down and look up you realise how far it was! Great photo opportunity.

Visibility here was excellent. Get there early as it does get busy. There's a short walk from the gearing up areas to the entry point, so make sure your dive boots / beach shoes can stand slippery rocks.

Beautiful reef - lots of things to explore. Big friendly cornet fish followed our bubbles for ages, cleaner wrasse just can't wait to get in your mouth! (Our guide gave a demo - quite a sight!) Saw a turtle come and literally brush past - one of the best turtle spottings I've had as a diver or snorkeler.

I plan to return one day but in the summer months when there is better chance of spotting the big pelagics. This spot was just perfect for them.

If you don't have an underwater camera, strongly suggest investing in one for this dive alone!

We also dived the canyon after blue hole, just a bit further up. Also excellent.

1  Thank jmm84