“Convenient location, great staff”

Red Sea Relax Resort
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Atlanta, Georgia
“Convenient location, great staff”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Planned a few days in Dahab last minute and found Red Sea Relax along the busiest area of the boardwalk. Room on the main floor was comfortable enough for 2-3 people and clean. Quiet and dark for sleeping despite busy location. Large bathroom with tub. Mini refrigerator for snacks and leftovers as long as we were in the room to turn the electricity on. Beautiful pool that would have been nice in warmer weather. Across from Yalla Bar where we had the best meals. Staff helped us book horseback riding and taxis easily and affordably. Included breakfast was basic but filling.

If you're into luxury, stay at one of the larger resorts. If you want to eat out and be a part of the local bustle, stay along the boardwalk, and the Red Sea Relax is a great option!

Room Tip: Our room at the front of the complex was quiet and dark. Not sure you can go wrong, but I bet the up...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Natalia M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I did my diving certification at Red Sea Relax late last month with two friends and loved it. Our diving instructor, Mohsen, was great and was very accommodating to fit the diving sessions in with our schedules. We were able to start the day we showed up and were able to go through the course at our own pace which was great. Mohsen was very knowledgeable about the diving equipment and curriculum and explained all of the procedures in the classroom before we did them in the water.
I would definitely recommend Red Sea Relax as a dive center and have even referred some of my friends to them who were in Dahab after me. A great experience over all and most importantly- I now have my open water certification.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nick W
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I cannot begin to write about the wonderful experience I had at Red Sea Relax. I stayed in the dorm section of the hotel which is across the road from the main hotel, but don't let this deter you....I actually preferred it. The dorm was like a family home, and the people with me during my month stay, became like family also. I also stayed in the hotel section which was very pleasant as well.

The dorm has two bedrooms with two sets of bunks in each...one room male, one female. Well equipped kitchen, large sitting area, and huge windows overlooking mosque and views of sea.
Very comfortable and felt like being part of a family home.

What made hotel extra special was the staff, most importantly Abdo, my confidant, and also Said, both of whom were like friends to me with their ever smiling faces and warm welcomes. Not to mention the kitchen staff and house attendants who looked after me on a daily basis.

Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel and dorm highly enough, not only for value and friendliness, but also for position.... Doesn't get much better.

Room Tip: Dorm is not attached to hotel but is still great value
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank unone
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Quiet pleased with the hotel itself, great views from their terrace, the staff were lovely especially the chef every morning.
We will be definitely coming back there hopefully to have our wedding ceremony as discussed with Chris.

Bathroom a bit tacky but could live with that, in all fairness we left as a happy customers.
Hopefully see you in April again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tsepo N
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had a lovely time at Red Sea Relax, it was the second time id been here and it was still perfect, the free tea and coffee, gives a perfect touch, the breakfast was lovely (I made toasties every morning). Free WIFI and a computer. Amazing room service, my room was tidied everyday. The staff were lovely. I will defiantly be going back. Amazing dive centre joint. The free gym pass was good, I didn't try the steam room, but I went to the gym lots of times. Pool was freezing, but nice and refreshing when you get out the sea and when your hot.

Room Tip: If you stay in one of the apartments you get to cook yourself.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ottilie R
Athens, Greece
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed in a double room and did Open Water (my girlfriend) and Advanced Open Water Course (me). Room, breakfast and facilities (like steam room and gym) were perfect. Guides and instructors in diving were some of the best I've met around the world! There are enough diving site around Dahab for beginners with very beautiful corals and fishes! Dahab and Red Sea Relax is the perfect place for couples and families! Mohsen, Hamza and Ahmed are excellent professionals and inspire you for starting a course or dive with them! I hope to visit them in the future!

Room Tip: Room on the 1st floor offer a very good view by the sea!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Summary: Great staff, very good value, very clean, would very happily return. Superb dive centre.

We booked Red Sea Relax though Hostelworld. The hotel organised a taxi from the airport for a reasonable charge and it was waiting when we arrived.

At the hotel itself, our room was upgraded which was excellent. The whole hotel, from bedrooms and bathrooms, to the breakfast area and pool are all kept in great condition by the staff. Couldn't fault the spotless cleaning of the room each day and the very generous breakfast which was included in the price.

As we came to dive, I should write something about the superb dive centre Red Sea Relax has. First, it has all the top PADI ratings. That is always a great sign. It is headed up by a friendly and hugely experience diver Mohsen, he and his team provide great quality dives at great rates.

My friend did her open-water (including a discounted rate for staying in the hotel) with one other student - having 1 teacher to 2 students is exceptional. As the hotel and dive centre is literally 15 m from the sea there is no hassle for students having to lug equipment any distance - they are straight into the water in no time right on the front door. Although I didn't dive with Mohsen myself I was impressed with his knowledge and professionalism, especially when dealing with someone who found diving difficult. My friend loved diving with him, and he took superb care of her, including taking her to the Doctor for a precautionary check. I know only Mohsen could have done so much with a learner diver who found it very difficult to equalise and found the water chilly.

For myself, I did a number of shore dives with freelance guides. The guides were all excellent - fluent English, knew the dive sites well, did detailed dive briefings and altogether made the dives safe and enjoyable. One point to note is water temperature in December is quite chilly - many people were diving in dry suits - I myself resorted to wearing 2 X 5mm wetsuits.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by Red Sea Relax. Although many hotels in the area no doubt have similar types of rooms or dive centres it was the really lovely staff at Red Sea Relax which made it such a great place. When I return I'll automatically choose to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends