Red Sea Relax Resort
$41
$50
  • Breakfast included
Ecotel Dahab Bay View Resort(Dahab)(Great Value!)
$30
$25
  • Pool
$78
$49
$31
$28
Tropitel Dahab Oasis(Dahab)(Great Value!)
$22
$20
  • Breakfast included
Happy Life Village(Dahab)(Great Value!)
$30
$31
$25
$47
$44
Agoda.com
$79
All reviewslighthouse reefdiving centerchurchills bardive sitesfun divesrooms are greatswimming poolfantastic locationnice poolfalafelblue holenothing is too much troublecleaned every dayosamadormrsrpromenade
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I must say Red Sea Relax is one of the most lovely places to stay, dive and play!

My partner and i have recently got back from a week stay in what could well be Dahab's best hotel. The place is an all round pleasure to stay at. From the friendly welcome to the towels in the room they have everything right.

The staff at both Red Sea Relax, the attached bar (Churchills) and the Dive centre were all extremely helpful and very friendly. The guys who man the front desk 24 hours a day were always very helpful and willing to do whatever they can to keep you happy. They organised our taxi's too and from the airport with a reputable local driver, provided us with all of the relavent info upon check in even though it was very late at night, offered advice on things to do & see, which local shops/restaurants to use and which to avoid, and even helped us search for my passport when i'd lost it and was in a last minute panic.

Breakfast is simple but wholesome with something on offer to cater for most tastes, i'd recommend the made to order pancakes and omelets. My better half now has an addiction to chocolate & banana pancakes.

The Pool is well set out within the hotels courtyard offering shelter from the wind when it gets blowy and a mixture of nice sunny spots and shady spots for afternoon lounging.

I made one visit to the Gym and Steam room and although i only used the steam room the gym looks pretty well equipped.

Our room was well laid out with a proper double bed, not just two pushed together and had all mod cons including tv, air con. The room had big double doors onto the balcony, which has been cleverly designed to be in the shade most of the day meaning that the room stayed cool and the air condition never even needed to be turned on. With a view over the pool and out to the promenade and sea beyond, it was lovely to sit out there of an evening and people watch.

The Bar in the hotel is one of if not the cheapest in dahab but also the friendliest, based on our experience the bar is busy enough of an evening to have a nice atmosphere. Frequented by both hotel guests and mostly english speaking ex-pats and locals, there is an eclectic mix of people and not once was i in there when i didn't end up having a random conversation with someone at the bar. Not something you see much back here in the UK and it gives the place a real homely vibe. There is a big terrace outside overlooking the promenade and out onto the sea, which was good for seeing the phenomenal sunsets and watching the world go by. I'm told they do very good value food as well.

The dive centre staff were very helpful and experienced, this seems to be one of the more reputable and reasonably priced dive centres in Dahab. With the beautiful coral just feet away if your staying here diving is a must and even if your not staying at red sea relax but just want a reliable trustworthy and well priced dive centre this is the place to go. There are so many dive centres in Dahab that vary wildly in quality it seems very easy to get ripped off.

The hotel is well positioned within Dahab it's literally feet away from the sea and promenade. The promenade has loads of shops, restaurants, bars and people offering a range of trips, excursions and other fun things.

All in all i had a wonderful time, and would definately go back again.

Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank James P
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Location is on the boardwalk/beach. Breakfast is ok but often served after most tours have started (8am). Stayed at apartments with shared bath. Great idea but did not have water the last night. Was not told we didn't have water until I needed water of you know what I mean. Front desk offered shared bath in dorm. He really tried to accommodate. Problem: mechanical water pump which provides pressure is built for single family home not 6 apartment rooms and 2 more long term apartments in same villa. Be careful: you may need to walk across dusty street for all water purposes. Don't stay in apartment until they upgrade pump.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Pnguyen10
Chris88Dahab, Owner at Red Sea Relax Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thank you for your review and the time it took you to write it. At Red Sea Relax we take customer service extremely seriously and welcome all feedback as an excellent way to improve our services.

I was disappointed to hear that you were less than happy with the last day of your stay and have tried to investigate your points and explain what went wrong.

As you state in your review you had made the sensible choice of opting to stay in our Super Saver Apartments.

Even though offered at an exceptionally good price,unlike most other hotels in the area we pay to provide fresh water instead of salty well water to the shared bathrooms

The reservoir is regularly filled by tanker and regrettably on your last day there had been a problem and it was delayed in making its delivery. When you kindly reported the situation to reception it was urgently addressed and within 30 minutes the tank had been filled. Issue solved- or so we thought.

Unfortunately a second problem then occurred with the pump. The pump which is actually high power and can easily serve the apartments is turned off during filling. Once filling was complete the new night security guard forgot it back on and we didn’t realise this until after your 6am departure. The first mistake (late delivery) was partly our fault and the second issue (forgetting to reset the pump) was.

I can only offer my profuse apologies for the inconvenience and thank you very much for highlighting the situation. To the best of my knowledge there has never before been an occasion like this before and we will make sure it never happens again.

I am delighted however to hear that you acknowledge that the reception tried his best to help you quickly find an alternative shared bathroom and quickly tried to remedy (as he thought) the tank problem.

Once again thank you very much for your valuable feedback, and I hope you enjoyed your further travels in Egypt.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is the second year our dive club has used Red Sea Relax and i'm sure we will be heading back again in the near future. The hotel is located directly on the sea front, about half way along the main tourist area; which I'm pleased to say is pedestrians only. The facilities comprise of a hotel, swimming pool, bar, restaurant and most appealing for us a dormitory; we were travelling to a budget. Attached to the hotel is a dive school, which we used to arrange 5 days of diving.

Firstly, i must say all the staff in the hotel were very, very helpful (especially the guy in reception; i'm terrible with names) - nothing was too much bother and they helped when ever asked. The dive school staff were also very helpful, and made the week - in particular Nunu the guide we had for the week. Being a group of divers stuck in our ways he accommodated our needs as much as the rules would allow. Chris the centre owner was very amiable as was (i believe) his wife, helping a few of us identify marine life after the dives.

Our group booked both the dorm accommodation (free when diving), and hotels rooms. The dorm was better than i was expecting - with a shared bathroom and shower room between us. The room accommodates 6 people, and as there were five of us we paid for the extra bunk for that little bit of extra privacy (it's a little like a hostel in that people can arrive at any time of day or night). I didn't go in to the twin or double rooms, but other club members said they were clean and tidy - spot on for the money.

The restaurant servers breakfast, lunch and dinner - the breakfast was included for diving days and was quite basic - a little like a continental breakfast; i would recommend the omelets cooked to order - the coffee was ok but i'd bring a good instant if i were you. Lunch and evening meal from the menu was great - pasta, pizza, burger, salads, steak, kebab etc - all cooked to order and very nice; especially at the price. I'd be happy paying 3 times the amount in a uk pub.

The bar (in side) was a little small, but i'm guessing for most of the year that people sit up on the roof bar area. The only real down side was the smoking in side, and one night a lot of ex pats use it as a meeting point - i would imagine during the busy season though it mainly for guests. The beer is ok, and again at 1 euro a pint a good price. Spirits were ok, but never sure what i was drinking; all soft drinks were well priced too.

We never used the pool as the water was rather cold, but the pool area is nice with sun loungers and seating - i think it's shared with the hotel next door. Could get busy in the high season i would imagine, but then there is the sea only 20 meters away.

I've been told Dahab is like Sharm 20 years ago - while you can get some pressure to go in to shops and bars etc, it was never too heavy and a no thank you worked well (try 'La' i understand it means no - and worked better, if a little brisk).

IF you venture out for food in the evenings, I would personally recommend El Mundos restaurant - good food, good price, good people. We were all very happy. Again the Thai place (blue moon i think) was good, up a side ally on the fist floor (external steps) quite small, but the best Thai i've had in years.

There are many little shop selling 'tat' and tourist things, the little shop next to the ATM on the front (left hand side) is well worth stopping at. He will try and sell you your grandmother, but is nice, not too heavy and will make the experience well worth while - even if it did cost me 30 quid.

I would happily go back for a dive holiday, and stay at the Red Sea relax - either in the dorms or rooms, i would be happy to take my wife for a weeks break too. Not sure i would take my kids, not really geared up for it. There are other hotels probably more suitable.

Negative? There was a lot of effort put in to cleaning, but a little attention to detail would go a long way - for example bathrooms were cleaned several times a day, but the mirrors not once in the week we were there. Just a few simple things would make a big positive difference.

Overall a good, well priced enjoyable place to stay and dive.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank emboli
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I booked this trip after coming across the Red Sea Relax website some 6 Months ago. I emailed Chris the owner and arranged a 10 day trip with diving for my wife and myself. He offered free accommodation if diving with them and staying in their dorms, as a couple we preferred our own room and the price for which was excellent value for money. Chris even arranged a Taxi to collect from the airport at a very reasonable rate.

The all staff are fantastic, they really cannot do enough for you, nothing is too much trouble. The standard of English spoken by the Egyptian staff is excellent so no problems with communications.

The room was of good size and had aircon, TV, WiFi, safe and Telephone. The bathroom was of good size with hot and cold running water all the time. The shower head was initially leaking quite badly causing a drop in pressure, after speaking to "Osama" on the front desk a man came and fixed it within 30 minutes. Two small gripes, the mattress was very hard, we are used to very soft at home, but then you can't please everybody can you? It was not so bad that we could not sleep. Lastly the upstairs rooms have partially carpeted rooms, these are starting to wear and don't look so good. Simply remedy would be to remove carpets and go with tiled floors like the downstairs rooms.

The Dive centre, managed by Paul is run to a very high standard and safety is his priority, if it ain't safe you’re not doing it and if you need a SCUBA review you will have to have one before diving (regardless of past experience) I wish all dive centres were so well focused on safety. Dahab is packed with Dive centres so you can imagine it is a very competitive business, tempting some into cutting corners to save money and offer better prices. No such corners cut at Red Sea Relax, you can dive with confidence knowing you are in safe hands and at very competitive rates.

The Bar “Churchills” is the British bar within the Hotel, quite a few expats use it and it has a rooftop area great for relaxing after a hard days diving. Run by “Tarek” who I would say spoke the best English, was a good laugh and made you welcome just like a good barman should. The bar sometimes has a Quiz Night and a Karaoke night so if you are coming from Blighty you can really feel at home.

The menu for Lunch and dinner is varied and has the traditional British line up together with some others. Well cooked and well priced.

Overall if you are a diver, backpacker or just looking for an inexpensive holiday then Red Sea Relax Dahab has it all. In a very competitive town it is extremely good value. This area is not Sharm El Sheikh so have sensible expectations and you will love it.

Room Tip: Downstaits rooms have tiled floors. Looks better tha upstairs carpets, slighty shabby.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roma0071
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Didn't stay at the hotel, but selected this dive shop after wandering up and down the promenade for a few days speaking to the various shops (there are about 60 dive shops in Dahab, the competition is fierce!) I was won over by a few things:
(1) straightforward price list for what you do and what you get - and it is VERY economical! (2) general willingness of staff to deal with an inexperienced diver, namely me!
(3)Home base location is in the middle of LIghthouse Reef, Bannerfish Bay and Mashraba Reef - not technically difficult but very rewarding if you want to see fish! All other locations can be arranged if you are capable of them.
(4) Staff: Rose - fantastic teacher and somehow manages to communicate emotion and joy of discovery while underwater. Ahmed - serious, focused diver and I would trust him to take me anywhere. Paddy - clear and analytical; I didn't dive with him but watched him teach. Paul - manager - willing to work with your individual needs and figure out a dive program that suits you.

My only tiny tiny criticism - wet suits and BCDs were well used.

Would dive with this outfit again in a heartbeat and am trying to figure out how I can wangle a month off work to do so!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends