“disappointing”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“disappointing”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were diving in Dahab with Sinaí Divers. The divesites are fabulous specially Lighthouse, The Canyon and Eel Garden. Sadly the Blue Hole disappointed us except the beginning of the dive a canyon from the surface to 27m. The dive center of Sinai Divers is in the Hotel Hilton resort, but they've not the standards of the Hilton hotels, of course.
The person in charge was Simone very kind and nice girl.

The worst think of the dives was the  czech republic guide and Dive instructor in charge of our group: Cristina. She was absolutely autist leave some of us behind, didn't wait during the descent checking if we had some problems, and she didn't get supplies for the bottles (Din/ International regulators) one of us had to use the spare regulator when we had our own equipment. She pointed us a few things in 5 dives. The worst guide I had ever after more than 200 dives in 13 countries.

That's the problem of the companies operating in Sharm el Seij: they only want instructors and some of them don't have experience as a Divemaster then they are pathetic as a Guide and assisting the divers.

1 Thank josemtorras

Littlestone-on-Sea, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“A professional unit”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We had been to Dahab in May 2010, for which we booked a 10 dive pack with Sinai Divers (not reviewed on Trip Advisor). Returning in May 2012, we pre-booked another 10 dive pack (10% discount for returning guests) with Sinai in their base at the Hilton Hotel.

They picked us & our dive gear up from the Iberotel Dahabeya which is about 10 minutes walk along the beach. We ended up doing a total of 15 dives each & were again impressed with the set-up of the school. There is no additional charge for 32% nitrox & we were often given a lift back to our hotel following a day's diving

If we have one slight criticism, it would have to be that all the dive guides are free-agents & not employed by the school, so we ended up with different guides on 5 of our 6 day's diving...we've found it better in the past where a guide dives with us regularly & is therefore more aware of our strengths (& weaknesses).

That aside, we would recommend Sinai Divers......just a shame they couldn't arrange for the manta ray we saw in 2010 to put in an appearance!

Visited May 2012
Suffolk
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Superior Dive Centre”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Another great week spent in the company of Sinai Divers (Hilton). Having dived all around the world we always come back here to dive with the team as they are the most professional and friendly we have encountered anywhere. Everything is really well organised with safety being paramount but all within a very calm atmosphere.There are plenty of sites to visit either by road or boat and if you have a request to visit a certain site they will do their best to get you there. Over the years we have dived with most guides but this year it was predominantly Salah and Ashraf who were fantastic and made everything interesting and great fun. All the lads and girls behind the scenes work tirelessly to make everything run smoothly and always have time to chat and make you feel like friends not tourists. Take our advice and only dive with Sinai Divers if you are in Dahab (haven't dived with them in Sharm but would expect the same standards there).

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Divingbeauty
Bristol, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive Shop and Dive Instructors - great for all levels!”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I can't say enough good things about this dive shop. As a divemaster I was very pleased to be taken such great care of. From the clean and well run shop with great gear. (lockers and tubs to clean gear and hang to dry. The divemasters took excellent care of us and taught us a few new tricks, they treated us all like friends yet always taking our safety as #1 priority! I would love to come back for more diving and woundn't hesitate to recommend this shop. Every day they strived to take us to new and exciting locations on the beautiful boats and jeep shore dives, I did 3 dives a day!
Thanks guys for a trip of a lifetime!! I will see you again soon.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank CoastalGroove
Kabul
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Well run, friendly staffed, VERY knowledgeable dive leaders...all around GREAT time”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I was VERY happy to hear that Sinai Divers was up and running so soon after “the troubles”….Even more happy to hear my dear friend Mr. Crowley was still doing what he does best…TEACHING SCUBA THE RIGHT WAY and having a tremendous time doing so.
First day at the shop I was greeted by Friday the resident British manager and long time Sinai dweller. He gave me a very thorough introduction to the shop and dive schedule.
This was followed by a house reef check off dive that for all intensive purposes was quite amazing! Very rarely do you get the opportunity to see such a variety of marine life topped off by a squadron of eagle rays…all at 16 meters or less….FOR A CHECK DIVE!
The next 10 days was a blur of fantastic wall diving, an incredible WWII wreck dive, a trip to Dahab for the Blue hole and Bellows and a couple more off the beach for fun.
Yes the diving was fantastic. Yes the service was amazing. Yes the staff was VERY knowledgeable.
The best part was that every one of them was keen on diving and obviously LOVED their job.
The bummer is that I broke my camera (left it out of the housing in my backpack!) and therefore unable to show you the Manta Ray I saw and multitude of other amazing fish and coral.
TIPS: The food on the boat was a 6 out of 10 for me. I’m not a fan of goat/mutton/lamb/mystery meat…take some snacks and a sandwich just in case and extra water/juice/drinks.
Also, the happy hour at the shop is probably the best deal in town.

Visited February 2011