“An absolute gem of a find...!”
Review of Dahab Paradise

Dahab Paradise
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
London
“An absolute gem of a find...!”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Finding this place had to be one of the highlights of my holiday (except the superb diving of course!). The place is set wonderfully facing the sea, away from the noise of town and has staff so attentive you'd be forgiven for thinking it was 5 star.

Only down side is it's not a walk into town, but a taxi is less than £2 each way so no bother.

2 Thank davidcrisp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
Brixton
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Just come back from a week at the dahab paradise. Excellent value for money and the hotel is as good as the pictures. The hotel arranged all our transfers and is perfect for a get away to relax and do nothing at all. There are plenty of opportunities to go diving and snorkelling and the red sea is right in front of you. The hotel has a partnership with a dive company in dahab so is so easy to organise.

Room was well equiped with air-con, tv and they have balconies overlooking the red sea. Staff were so helpful and polite and could not have done more to make you feel welcomed. We had the half board package, and the food was mainly european. There was an egyptian evening, but it would have been nice to have some more egyptian food.

Dahab is a 10 minute taxi ride away which costs about 15 egyptian pounds. It's so easy to arrange with the hotel and well worth the trip

I would definitely recommend the Dahab Paradise to everyone

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Paradise was such a nice suprise. Being so reasonably priced, we were expecting less, but instead found comfortable rooms, all which had an amzing view. the saff were so kind and helpful. we were stuck there through the ash clouyd and the staff did everything they could to help us. i would recommend this hotel to everyone. it is a hidden gem. Quiet, yest close enough to the experience of Dahab. Perfect

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Winterthur, Switzerland
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I spent 9 days in this hotel recommended by Poseidon Divers as a part of my diving package.
This hotel was exactly what I was looking for - quite small (arround 40 rooms), very cozy, beautiful pool area, no screaming kids, no stress, very clean.
My room was a single bed room, rudimentary, but had everything I needed. Great thing - air con, which was temp. adjastable and was not just blowing with 18°.
My special thanks to the staff - Mizo, Nemo, Remo and their colleaguas (I am bad in names, sorry guys! :-)) - unbelievable friendly and nice.
If I had a wish, what could be better I would only say - breakfast :-) I was missing ham and normal cheese :-)
I was eating everything and never got sick! So no problems with the stomach at all.
I would recommend this hotel to everybody (not for families with kids) and I hope to come back one day

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed June 13, 2010

This hotel is positioned in one of the most beautiful spots in Dahab overlooking the Red Sea. What you see (on thier webpage) is what you get! ..and even more!!!! . I've been around the world and saw quite a few places, but this one is trully special since it has a soul of its own, carefully taken care of by the management as well as by the incredible friendly and helpful staff. My thanks go to Guro, Fiona, Edris, Mizo, Nemo...and the rest of the guys who made my staying JUST WONDERFUL!!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

in a nutshell: go and see it youself...there are places one should have seen and experienced at least once in their life and one of it is certainly DAHAB PARADISE!!!

a big hug,

Alex

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I went here as part of a yoga holiday. We had our own open tent overlooking the sea to do yoga. Amazingly friendly staff, really looked after us. Made us feel completely at home and nothing was too much to ask for. Great place to chill- away from the hustle and bustle yet close enough to get a taxi to all the hot spots when needed. Free bedioin tea every evening. Enough beds by the pool without having to fight. Only downside is the rocky sea so you have to walk/get a taxi to the nearest beach. You cant really in the swim in the sea by the hotel. A little on the quiet side if thats what your after.

• Stayed May 2010
london
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I recently spent a week in Dahab with 3 friends. the purpose was for them to learn to dive and for me to enjoy my annual diving holiday! I love diving in Egypt and have been lucky enough to visit Sharm, Hurghada and Marsa Alam so I wanted to give Dahab a go this time. While Sharm and Hurghada are much nicer underwater than above, Dahab is actually a wonderful town in every respect. It is small enough for you to get to know it quickly, it's wonderful anfd chilled and the people are very friendly.
We had a fabulous time in the town, diving with Big Blue and generally making new friends.
The purpose of the hotel was to be somewhere to lay our heads at night but it became much more than that. It instantly felt like home. The rooms are simple but very clean and Every room has an equal sea view and the way the hotel grounds have been designed is just stunning. It's so relaxing sitting out on your balcony of an evening, with the crashing waves just ahead.
The staff in teh hotel are just fantastic. Very very friendly and genuinely happy to help. The service felt very personal and we couldn't recommend the staff enough. They looked after us very well!
We had massages as well which were very reasonable and very relaxing! And finally the bedouin tent....a shisha and a bedouin tea or coffee are exactly what the doctor ordered after a night out.
My friends and I loved Dahab and while there are no big pelagics to get the adrenaline going, there is beautiful coral, turtles and stunning shoals of tropical fish. Dahab Paradise was absolutely brilliant and we would definitely return.
The only slight negative at the hotel, which I'm only writing to prove that I am a genuinely delighted customer and not planted by an agency, was the food. We wished they would have had more Egyptian food on the menu. We were not tempted to stay in for dinner to often, although if you like American/European basics then you'll be OK. It just felt a little canteeny, which is a shame as the setting of the restaurant is just beautiful...

Thank you Dahab Paradise!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends