“Great fun with good people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Deep Blue Divers Dahab

Deep Blue Divers Dahab
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep Blue Divers is situated right at the very heart of Dahab, an old Bedouin village, in the midst of remarkable surrounding landscapes of the Red Sea and Sinai Mountains. The sea is where we do our business which, of course, is diving. As we are lucky enough to be situated right on the glorious Red Sea, we can guarantee that your diving experience with us will be fantastic and unforgettable, with abundant varieties of exotic fish, beautifully colored corals and plenty of sparkling, crystal clear blue water! We specialize in everything from diving to snorkeling, and can offer you much more, such as an array of dive safaris, either by boat, camel or jeep. Deep Blue Divers has been providing top quality diving holidays in the Red Sea since we first opened our doors back in August 2000.
Pickering, Ontario, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great fun with good people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

New to diving I took my Open Water Diver course here and enjoyed the experience very much. I stayed at Dahab Plaza Hotel and was told that DBD was a good place to dive with. I ended up doing eight dives with the instructor/owner Ayman who was patient and accommodating. The entire group of staff are all very friendly and socialable people.
We did several dives walking distance from the dive shop, very nicely located in central Dahab, a few dives just a couple minutes drive away and a few more a short drive (10 - 15min) away. All times are hopping you don't run out of gas LOL, apparently kids like to nick gas tanks at night to fill their scooters so Ayman doesn't fill his tank, all part of a fun day!!
The gear is in very good condition and replaced every 2 years. I noticed my depth gauge not working properly and it was promptly changed before my next dive. I finished my stay completing my OWD course (325 Euro) and doing two dives toward my advanced course.
I would like to say I will be back, but alas the world is big and there are many other places to see, but it would definitly be nice to see my friends at Deep Blue Divers again, you never know!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Michael S

Amman
“Excellent Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I dived here during October, 2012. It was an amazing experience. It was my first time diving and was definitely the best vacation I have ever had. I was with a few friends who were absolutely committed to the idea of scuba diving. I was not. I shopped around this was the cheapest place and had the friendliest staff! I still wasn't convinced (even in Dahab cheap is relative!) but decided in the end to join them and scuba dive rather than just snorkal. Best decision I made in 2012. It was an amazing experience. The instructors were great (all speak perfect English) and made absolutely sure we understoond everything and were always willing to help. The Open Water course was done all in the ocean and was beatiful from the first dive.

They are very committed to working with your schedule. We all got sick because we hadn't really slept in couple days by the time we arrived but they were completely willing to just delay diving until we were better and instead just focus on the book learning. Again I very highly recommend this place. If its warm enough I suggest sleeping on the roof (but bring some bugspray!)

If you are new to diving and want your open water license this is the best place in Dahab for you! I can't speak to any other experience level, but I can guarantee a wonderful friendly staff and a good location.

TLDR: Just book it and go. You will love it.

Visited October 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Amman, Jordan
“Best Diving Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I dived with Deep Blue Divers in Dahab in October of 2012 and it was by far the best vacation/experience that I have had. It is well worth the money. All of the instructors were excellent and explained all of the techniques very well. Our guide was Ayman and he was excellent! The diving experience is awesome. You do not begin in a pool but actually in the open water, but a sheltered area of course.To be honest, I shopped around some when I got to Dahab and there are several dive companies, but Deep Blue Divers was literally the best deal. They were close enough to all of the action on the boardwalk in Dahab, and dive fees were comparable to others but the week long lodging was also covered by that price! By far the best bang for your buck! I am so anxious to come back and do some more dives where I can hit up the Blue Hole and even a shipwreck dive! This will be the best experience of your life! You need to book your trip now and go!

Visited October 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“GOOD value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Very good value espacially if you dont wanna take all diving euqipment with you. Had 3 days diving with full equipmemt included in the price. First 2 dives nearby with amazing young instructor Annus. There was only me taking advanced dives both days so great experinece and flexibility. Third day with Ayman and small group of divers to Blue Hole. Canyon is nice but Blue Hole site is an amazing experience. Best dive site visited so far.

Dive centre is a good experience overall. Local guides, very (I mean very) old car taking to the dive sites- its already an experience on its own:) Guess it is not that popular as dives centres next to main diving area at Light House- but thats why it is a bit different experience, not too crowded and good value for money. Strongly recommend

Visited December 2012
aymoon_sha, Manager at Deep Blue Divers Dahab, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thanks Max. and i wish to see you again one day.
Munich, Bayern, Germany
“open water license”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

HI I am just back from Dahab, where I took the open water course. The staff was very friendly and professional, and Ayman a really nice instructor, prices are very reasonable (except for pictures...but if you love high quality photos, Ayman is a great shooter). I would definitely go back, and can recommend the diving center to anyone.

Visited November 2012