Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Breakfast included
eDreams
Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Recently stayed in this hotel, and was happy with it.
I was not looking forward to this trip, and did not particularly want to carry out work in this area having listened to colleagues, but the hotel has made it so much better.
I have a clean room with good facilities, and a nice view of the canal.
Breakfast is ok, but limited, although bar and evening meals are very good, with a varied menu.
My only advice is to bring earplugs though, as there is a very large mosque close by, which has a very loud PA system starting about 5.30am.

Room tip: Ask for a canal view.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Suites are the most reasonable - but some of standard rooms are in a very, very poor conditions. At this very moment, at least some of the rooms are being renovated...hopefully this will set some kind of decent standard which at this moment can not be found in Port Said.
Still, most decent of all hotels in Port Said, located reasonable far from the mosque so least effect from that at 5am.
Do not expect much service...I've had days where the room had not been cleaned at all by the staff.
Great view on the canal though, have to give them that!

Date of stay: January 2012
1  Thank Markuzzzz
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Hi

I stayed here in October 2011 and really enjoyed myself, the view of the port and canal is amazing. Seeing all the ships linign up to come in, and waking up in the morning to see a huge passanger cruise ship mored outside my window was facinating.

The staff are friendly and helpful, and the food in the hotel is great. I would recommend their lemon Drink, its wonderful.

During the Day the pool is nice and relaxing and by night its the perfect place to relax with a good quality, great tasting Shisha.

Value for money and we will definatly be going back.

Kind Regards

Room tip: For an extra treat ask for a balcony room
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Natassja N
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Staff were either disinterested or 'old hands' soley intent on gaining a tip through everything but customer service. That said, the place was clean and reasonably well equipped - the TV remote may have lacked a case for the batteries but it did function.
The two real concerns were:
1. Very dodgy wiring. Several appliances in my room were unplugged and due to exposed wires and/ or loose fittings did not look suitable to go near let alone switch on. This was a common theme among rooms occupied by colleagues.
2. Security - not just the interconnecting door that not only did not lock but swung open when not held shut by a hastily moved table and chair, but in general the security staff may as well have not been there for the interest shown in passing people through the hotel doors.
The thing really working in this hotel's favour is the location (views over the Suez canal). That said, if you can find somewhere else nearby, give it a try.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank BagOArse
Reviewed April 17, 2009

The Sonesta has now become the Resta Hotel and I must say I was expecting something special for the price - however as explained to me by one of the reception staff - the lack of competition in Port Said lets the management charge what they like! The same principle must also apply to the use of the internet at this hotel where one hour costs LE 44.00 approx. (€6.00). The only other hotel of similar standard seems to be the Helnan and it is even more expensive - I traveled on to Ismailia from Port Said and stayed in a 4 star rated hotel right on the Suez Canal for half the price.

Date of stay: April 2009