“Great Ice Cream Shop”

Buccaneer Ice Cream & Candy
Ranked #4 of 6 Dessert in Avalon
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful ice cream shop in the heart of Avalon,NJ. Long summer lines move quickly with employees taking your order while waiting-genius!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped by on a July Saturday Night and only waited 15 minutes which wasn't long for avalon or Stone Harbor. The portions were large and the Sticky Bun Favored Ice Cream was incredible. I'd defiantly go back.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

From the start, I knew this would be an amazing experience. The outdoor seating and live entertainment beckoned to me, and I did not resist. The fast moving line did not give me much time to choose from the wide variety of flavors, cones and toppings. One scoop is the size of a baseball! My first taste blew my mind. The cheaply priced delicacy was truly the plunder of a lifetime. Every night of my vacation to Avalon, I sampled a new flavor. It never disappointed. The Buccaneer even boasts a challenge: eat your way through 12 scoops of ice cream to win a pirate hat and your own photo on the wall. Definitely worth your time and money, this is on the top of my list for best attractions in New Jersey.

1  Thank TardisTown
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Have been going to this ice cream shop for years after hitting the mini golf place across the street. Everything in here is probably double what you're used to paying at home, but everything is pricey down here in Avalon. The service has always been good and friendly. THe ice cream and water ice is good. If you're from out of town and don't know what water ice or a gelati is, do yourself a favor and get down here now and grab some. I prefer mango the most. There are magic shows once a week, I believe on THursdays, but I see someone else mention Mondays. Also cool is the "SHipwreck". It's 8 scoops of ice cream in a hat with every topping. If you order this your group will get their picture on the wall and get to keep the hat. I only wish they had some kind of promotion if one person ate it all themselves, those are always enjoyable to watch. I recommend always getting the smallest portion the first time you go, because the portions run big and the teens working at night have a heavy (generous) hand.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We spend a few weeks each summer in Avalon. Heading to the Buccaneer for ice cream is a must for my kids. The ice cream is amazing. Add in the Monday night magic shows and it's a great way to end a summer evening.