“This Restaurant is Gone, replaced by La Vecchia Fontana”
Review of Avalon Rose on 8th - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This place is closed. La Vecchia Fontana has replaced it in the very same space. Could you please add the new restaurant? We've eaten there and I would like to leave a review. Thank you!

5  Thank Songbird811

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very good food, BYOB squash ravioli great, need to return there soon, best in town, you need. To try this one.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I had a great meal at Avalon Rose recently! It was a Sunday night at the end of September so it wasn't crowded though we hear it is on a Saturday night especially in the busy summer season. Our server Lauren was very attentive and friendly and gave us superb service. The food was wonderful - I had the broiled scallops in a light cream sauce with shrimp risotto and my husband had a veal dish over angel hair pasta- both had great flavor and were ample portions. We also enjoyed a piece of delicious lemon marscapone pound cake for dessert which I highly recommend! We were happy to find out that they are open all year long since there aren't many restaurants on the island that are open during the winter months.

2  Thank shgirl178
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went to Avalon Rose over Labor Day with a large party of ten adults. Servers, Angel and Lauren, were both attentive and pleasant. I rate them as way above average.
Everyone was extremely happy with the food. Recommend the tuna tatar app, claw chowder, stuffed mushrooms... I had the rack of lamb and it was honestly the best I've had down in Avalon.

The only thing negative I would say is that the interior needs an update and the dining area needs to be expanded and more open.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hostess seemed to have just woken up when we arrived. Our waitress was nice but everyone seemed on edge. I tried the award winning chowder, save some money and grab a bowl at wawa before you go. The food wad edible but nothing that could not be reproduced at any dinner. They atmosphere was creepy, bad music and outdated decor. and the hotel seemed ready to go under. This place is prime for that restaurant makeover show.

6  Thank Bubba321