“Seashore dining at its best!”
Review of Avalon Rose on 8th - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Enjoyed a delicious meal off season and again in July. Began with the award winning chowder - how could you not - it was delicious, filled with jumbo lump crab in just the perfect base, not too thick and not too thin. The blackened scallop appetizer was so flavorful and nice exterior crispness. Shared entrees of salmon and tuna and each has a perfect blend of herbs and sauces. I cannot wait to dine at Avalon Rose again!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Avalon Rose is a must visit gem. The restaurant has a cozy decor with wrap around bench seating for larger parties. The service was impeccable and the owner was very friendly with the guests. However, the highest grades go for the food. From the award winning clam chowder, to the scallop appetizer, to the steaks or fresh seafood special, this place is a must. And just when my wife and I had enough, the malt ball sundae gellatto was the cherry on top.
Can't wait to try the next masterpiece on the menu. Thank me later!

Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Our table of 7 was less than thrilled with Avalon Rose. First of all, it's a somewhat stuffy environment (think hotel restaurant). When we called ahead and asked if it was appropriate for toddlers they assured us it was. It wasn't. Our party quickly shrunk from 11 to 7. The food was inconsistent. The scallops were great, but the swordfish was charred and overlooked. Upon notifying the server, we were offered a free dessert to compensate for the swordfish meal. Other much better options in Avalon.

4  Thank mwmagee
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Went to Avalon Rose on 8th which was recommended by friends who know of good places off the beaten path. This one did not live up to the hype. Ambiance is delightful - very friendly staff and pretty decor. It caters to an older clientel - we felt like we were in Florida. All that is perfectly OK, but the food is just not that great. The portions are enormous so you will have plenty of average food to take home, but it just didn't live up to our expectations. The filet beef tips with pasta were very chewy. Just the size of the bowl put in front of me was a turn off. My partner had stuffed flounder and agreed the sum did not add up to it's parts. The salads were very good and we didn't order dessert. I could not highly recommend this restaurant because there are so many others from which to choose, and I would not tell you to stay away because it IS off the beaten path so you are dining with (elderly) locals vs the tourist trade. We left a bit disappointed. P.S. It is BYOB

4  Thank Resumegal
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Every year, my wife and I look for a new restaurant at the Jersey shore. This year we found a gem in Avalon, NJ. The food prepared by Chef Grier was plentiful and delicious. Our server, Lauren was awesome. She was pleasant, knowledgable and added to our overall enjoyment, We can;t wait to go back and enjoy another great experience and meal at the Avalon Rose on 8th street.