“Only place I would go!!!”
Review of The Concord Suites

The Concord Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Avalon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Incredibly courteous and friendly staff. Spacious, clean and modern rooms. Two huge heated pools. And best of all, only 1/2 a block from the beach. Restaurant and bar has great food too. I highly recommend The Concord Suites in Avalon, NJ!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Christian S
There are newer reviews for The Concord Suites

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Concord Suites over the weekend to attend a friend's wedding. I can say that the rooms were very clean and recently remodeled. The beds were a little too firm for me to sleep well so I was happy to get home to my own bed. The only complaint I had was that the receptionist asked if I was 25 because they require customers to be 25 to hold a reservation. I'm 28 so I wasn't offended. However, had I been under 25 I would've been very upset because no one ever mentioned the age restriction while I booked the room nor was it ever stayed in the confirmation letter. I hope this major detail was only omitted for me.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jmhoch
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Concord Suites during our weekend trip to Avalon this past weekend. We had never been to the island before so we had no idea what to expect. How pleased were we with the Concord Suites? Very! The room was very clean. The pools, while it was still too chilly to get in them, were crystal blue and clean. The ONLY thing we weren't nuts about was how narrow the parking spots were. They don't have much choice as there is not a lot of space but in this age of huge SUVs and minivans, getting into and out of your vehicle sometimes involved some... creative moves. Especially if one of your neighbors didn't take much care when parking.

We'll definitely stay here again. It was a beautifully kept, newly updated, ecofriendly, charming hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jaime P
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here last summer with our son (who was 14 months at the time). It was fantastic. Super clean place with a really convenient kitchenette (which was a necessity when traveling with a baby). The service was great, not too loud and very family oriented. I don't understand how anyone could give it a bad review. It's not as fancy of a hotel as we usually stay at, but it was every bit as clean and nice. Especially considering how expensive places can get in this area over the summer - it's a real jewel. Reasonable rates, clean, clean, clean and safe. Can't say enough good things. We will definitely be returning here this coming summer if I can get the time off.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are a little quieter if that's a concern.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Delima H
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Concord Suites was everything the reviewers say it is....very clean and great location. Would definitely stay there again. The mini kitchen is nice to have. The only thing is the parking is sometimes a pain....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Patty S
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Needed to stay 3 nights in Avalon and stayed here, based on reviews right here.
Pleasantly surprised to see a different alternative to standard hotel or motel rooms - vs. renting a whole house. Rooms are spacious, and there's a mini kitchen, complete with pots, pans, utensils etc. Micro & mini fridg. provided. So if you go, bring your food with you. We were in a second floor room over the office which has a large outside patio area, with unbrella'd tables & chairs, and lounge chairs. We'll go back again for a late summer stay after labor day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pootershow
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We've been going to Avalon, NJ, for 30 years. We usually rent houses but this was just a long weekend, Thu-Sun after the season. We read positive reviews about Concord Suites on Trip Advisor so we gave it a try. Our suite, all are the same size, was on the second of three floors and was right off of one of the large patios with umbrella tables and chairs. Everything was very clean. Two Queen beds, nice closet, double dresser, mirror in bedroom. Kitchenette was fine, but we ate our meals out. For my husband and I it was all we needed. Sue, our housekeeper, was a very nice person. We tip on a daily basis. You never know if someone different will be cleaning on the day you leave. One parking spot. They have an elevator but we didn't need it as we packed light. Two big swimming pools, one heated. Did I mention clean? Housekeeping cleans the window frequently to keep off the film from the seashore air. The suites are owned individually ( priced in the low 200K's). Good family restaurant on bottom floor. Just two problems, as with most motels the free Wifi is lacking. I think some booster signals would help. When the weekend came it was just about impossible to get online. The other problem was when our neighbors came down for the weekend (weather was beautiful) and gathered every table and chair on the outside deck to put out their continental breakfast for their families. Not the fault of the hotel, though. Nice place and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Songbird811
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avalon
Icona Golden Inn
#19 of 37 in Cape May
Colonial Lodge
Colonial Lodge
#3 of 6 in Stone Harbor

Been to The Concord Suites? Share your experiences!