“Awesome Pool and Hot tub area”

The Beachcomber Resort
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Beachcomber last weekend in room 300. We enjoyed soaking in the hot-tub. They recently replaced the old pool and concrete decking with a new pool, hot -tub and a beautiful deck. We noticed how clean the place was during our stay and what a friendly staff they have. We will be looking to book there again sometime soon. It's a great place to get away. We would recommend The BeachComber Resort to our friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John V

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I booked a one night stay at The Beachcomber. Wished we could have stayed a week!! Our room #316 is gorgeous! We stayed in the 2 bedroom condo because we invited my mom with us so we could celebrate Mother's Day with her. She had a wonderful time and can't stop raving about The Beachcomber, specifically the room we stayed in and the gorgeous pool. Everything was super clean. OMG! First class interior design-kitchen, living room, bathroom, the 2 bedrooms, all are beautifully decorated in unique ways. Beds and pillows were so comfortable-we all got a great nights' sleep. Both Stephanie and Samantha made us feel very welcome. I can't wait until we come down to Avalon again very soon. This is the best place to stay in Avalon. We've stayed at other places in Avalon but The Beachcomber is by far the nicest!

Room Tip: I've been told every condo at The Beachcomber is different. If they are anything like Room 316...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Diana W
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Book a stay at The Beachcomber - you'll be glad you did! It's such a nice place and the staff couldn't be any nicer. Stephanie went out of her way to insure that our stay was comfortable. Our room was so cute - decorative, attractive and clean. The kitchen was thoughtfully supplied with every necessity. The pool is beautiful and well-maintained. When we visit the Jersey Shore, we'll be staying at the Beachcomber. Hope to see you there:)

Room Tip: Ask for the efficiency. It's the best deal!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank p g
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed at Beachcomber with a group of high school buddies for our annual get together. Rooms are spacious and decorated well. In room kitchen and table were great for us to cook the fish we caught at the Avalon/Sea Isle Inlet. View from third floor of ocean is great. Thank you Beachcomber!!

Room Tip: Ask for third floor corner room facing ocean. Good view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank cwhite8181
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at The Beachcomber this past week while attending a local workshop. Our one bedroom unit was on the third floor and was quite nice; it was clean and attractively decorated. There was a good view of both the ocean and the bay from the balcony. The pool area is beautifully landscaped and well kept although we did not use it. The staff was very friendly and helpful so I really have to say that those aspects of our stay were quite pleasant. However, because we were offsite for most of our stay, the only reason we were using the room was to sleep. And that is where we encountered the problems with our stay at The Beachcomber. The first night, the guests in the unit immediately below us decided to have a loud party out on the balcony. The noise carried directly upstairs to our room. There was a very large and noisy crowd of people out there for hours. We politely asked them to keep the noise down but they ignored our request. Finally after midnight I called the front desk to see if they could do something about the noise. The problem was that there is no one on site after 8:00 PM on weeknights off season. There is only a recorded answering machine. The next morning we stopped in the office and explained the situation and the gentleman working there apologized and indicated he would check it out. The next two nights the people below us were quiet but unfortunately there were other large groups of noisy people outside yelling and laughing and screaming until well past 2:00 AM. After midnight I turned on the TV on low volume just to drown out the noise. This was not just a few people chatting quietly on their balconies but more like Spring Break or Senior Week with out of control hordes of people.. This was so disappointing and frustrating because we needed to get up early each morning because of our workshop schedule. I got only about three hours of sleep each night. It ruined our workshop because we were so tired each day from lack of sleep. I realize that the resort cannot be responsible for their guests rude behavior, but there should be some standards enforced regarding noise levels after a certain hour. After all we do intend to use the rooms for sleep. To be fair, overall, The Beachcomber is a very nice resort and I would not rate it "poor" under other circumstances, but in this case, I was staying there basically to sleep, and the resort fell far short of my expectations.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank heylouie73116
beachcomberresort, General Manager at The Beachcomber Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

I am very sorry to hear about the noise issue you had at the Beachcomber during your stay. I was formed of a noise complaint over this past weekend, and I personally spoke to the guests (which was a couple) in the room below and told them that after 11pm the noise ordinance goes into effect. They were very kind about the situation and said that they would keep it down. I did not receive any more complaints about noise over the weekend which lead me to believe that everything was under control. Our office is open 24 hours Friday-Sunday, and after speaking to my midnight shift employee he explained to me that there had not been any issues brought to his attention. He had walked the grounds several times throughout the weekend and did not hear or see any disruptive behavior. Again I do apologize and only hope that there is something I can do for you to resolve this issue. Please feel free to contact me at the office (609-368-5121) as I would like to speak to you regarding this review. We take pride in our resort and the guest we have, and at any point in time there is an unsatisfied guest I want to deal with this directly. Please accept my deepest apologies.

Stephanie Turner
GM
The Beachcomber Resort

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Just returned from another stay at my favorite condo! Everything was just how I have come to expect it to be - clean rooms, well-supplied kitchen, convenient appliances and friendly staff (especially housekeeping). The fact that the pool is pretty secluded has always been a plus; it feels very private since it's not right along the sidewalk. The tables and grills are great for outside dining. I prefer the southern side since you can enjoy sun on your "porch" for most of the day. The ONLY problem we had was getting internet access in our room - seems the front rooms are in a "dead zone" that the management told us they are working to correct. Otherwise, we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dots4thgirl
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just stayed at the Beachcomer, room was spotless, staff was super friendly, pool was heated, 2 minute walk to beach, nice and peaceful. Rooms all equipped with kitchens so nice as we had a 2 year old along. Before we left we booked a longer stay for next year. The only reason i rated the kids activities lower is because we were there after labor day and activities do become less, this is not the resorts fault. They are very kid friendly including floaty toys in the pool. Cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: We liked the larger rooms for family, everyone had a bit of privacy. Pool view is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lorrie H
beachcomberresort, General Manager at The Beachcomber Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your review, we were happy to accommodate you and your family. We take much pride in our establishment and we believe in going above and beyond to make each and every guest and comfortable and happy as possible! We look forward to seeing you again next season, enjoy your holidays!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Avalon
ICONA Avalon
#3 of 6 in Stone Harbor
Watson's Regency Suites
Watson's Regency Suites
#9 of 31 in Ocean City

Been to The Beachcomber Resort? Share your experiences!