“Did not consider allergy”
Review of Sea Grill

Sea Grill
Ranked #18 of 68 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was very specific about my allergy and the man who took my order assured me that they would leave off the sauce. When I got my filet mignon, I took two bite before I realized there was sauce on it. (its dark in there) so I sent it back. I had already put my potato on the plate. When they brought me a new steak, they didn't give me a new potato. By that time, everyone else was done eating and I didn't feel like complaining. I just think it is really important for restaurants to take allergies seriously. They didn't offer to take it off the bill and there were no apologies. I think it may be because you order food at the window and your server is not like a regular server.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Once you're seated at the Sea Grill (In the summer that can take 30-45 minutes), the waitress takes your drink order and then invites you to stand in line at the kitchen window to place your food order. After ordering your entree and sides (all a la carte), you then hit the salad bar and return to your table. Ten to twenty minutes later the waitress brings you your entree and sides. It's an interesting approach to dining out, but the salad and most entrees are very good, and it all seems to work, The dilemma is: should you tip 20% since you did about half the work?

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Have visited repeatedly since it is walking distance from our place in Avalon. Each time I swear I won't return. The food is average, the wait long, and the service fair. I am not going to retry this year. I say that every year!!!

3  Thank donaldg753
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Everyone is trying to be the next best thing. It's very comforting to go to the a Sea Grill. You know what you will get. The salad bar is always fresh and good. I find going up yo order a bit odd but ...
The bar is fun, the drinks are good, they have a good wine list. I love the simplicity of the preparation of the food. I have been coming for a very long time and always look forward to returning. I've never had a bad meal. Sometimes the wait is too long, so I head elsewhere and come back another night.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Everything about the Sea Grill is spectacular…the service, ambiance, salad bar, variety of entrees!

Seafood dishes, fowl, and steaks are all amazing. We went with a large group and everyone loved their meal. The service was attentive without being annoying. You won't find anything better in Avalon.