“Dissappointing”

Dining options: Reservations
Cape May, New Jersey
“Dissappointing”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Went to the Sea Grill with family and friends (party of 12). We all ordered and proceeded to the salad bar which was good. The waitress came by the table to make sure that everyone ordered and asked everyone what they ordered. You would think in doing so they would have a system to deliver the food to the right individual, instead it was an auction for food. For the price (comparable to Ruth Chris) you would not expect to bid for your dinner. My filet mignon was very good however, the individuals that ordered the prime rib could hardly cut it and said it was very chewy. My sister in law could not eat it. My husband ordered a strip steak which was nothing special. In a nut shell, for a $600.00 meal I could have had excellent in a Cape May restaurant.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank cmclocal

Waterford ny
“Excellent Food, Good Service”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had visited the Sea Grill last year for the first time while staying in Avalon and really enjoyed it. This year I had read numerous not so great reviews, but decided to go again because last time was really good. We had a party of 5, 2 adults/3 kids under ten. The place was packed on a Sunday night in August, but the hostess seated us right away because we were willing to take a booth. The kids had spare ribs(child portions), which they loved. My wife had fillet mignon with blue cheese sauce which she thought was great. I had the Salmon special with wine and tomatoes which was delicious. The waitress was friendly and accommodating with the kids drinks. The salad bar was good, the bread was warm, and overall the food was good again. In reviews I have read, people complain abut having to go to the chalkboard and place your order. my kids think that's a neat idea, and it also allows you to tell the chef exactly how to prepare your entree. We will definitely return to this restaurant. We think it has the best overall food in Avalon.

• Visited August 2011
“Not worth the $$$$$”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Took friends because in the past we loved this place - very different in that you order right at the kitchen - but could never get in. Finally got in this past Sat and was so disappointed. Our friend had pork chops that were just sitting on the plate -no juice no dressing no presentation - very dry - costing about $12 a piece with not even a piece of parsley on the plate. My husband and I had a filet tip dinner that was $29 and was just sitting in gravy that tasted like it was out of a jar. Will never go back especially when you have to wait outside with a beeper. They have lost a lot after all these years. Very bad. My other friend was on a diet and had just the salad bar for $11 - for greens!!! Of course, they are so SPECIAL there is no appetizers, soup, nothing and every side is extra. So for $29 we had bland meat and rolls!! Sea Grill - get smart - there are so many other restaurants around that are cheaper and better quality. Never again.

• Visited September 2011
Broomall, Pennsylvania
“Not what we expected.”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were disappointed with the food, service and price. The salad bar is set up near the walk up window where you order your food. The chefs all seem young and inexperienced. For the price and the locale of Avalon we really had hopes of a good meal. It was just so so. I would not recommend or go back.

• Visited July 2011
new york
“not so good”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This appeared to be a decent restaurant ,,,,you place your own order at the same window the waitresses are picking up dinners to bring out ,therefore if the waitress is busy people are talking to the cooks over your food.....and then the salad bar is also right there and that is a mess .....the bread/rolls wee good as was the house dressing . the entrees are expensive and a la carte ...not worth it and not so good.......

• Visited August 2011