“Not bad overall; not the best”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Uncle Bill's Pancake House
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Avalon
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Delhi, New York
“Not bad overall; not the best”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Maybe it's because it's off-season? Either way, this stop was decent, but not over the top.

The food was decent (though the scrambled eggs were a little bland). The pancakes were pretty good and the scrapple was good, too.

It was somewhat empty in there, so my food got to me quick. I was in and out in probably 20 minutes, which is nice when you are trying to pack a lot of things in a couple of days.

Prices weren't bad.

I thought it was good. I would eat there again. But I wouldn't go out of my way.

My server was really good though. She made sure everything was good, came back to make sure I had all I wanted etc.

It's worth trying for sure. But there are some other places that are worth trying, too.

• Visited October 2011

Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
“Solid food that'll hit the spot when you crave breakfast”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Open from 7 AM- 1 PM, this place will always hit the spot, with every type of pancake, waffle, egg, breakfast meat combo you can think of. I personally love the Special Combo that is 1 egg, 3 butter pancakes, bacon, and toast. I usually also get a side of home-fries because I think they’re some of the best. If you get a fruit pancake (bananas, blueberries, whatever) keep in mind they don’t make the pancake with the fruit in it, they put it on top. Now the place is probably a little overpriced, you’ll end up spending at least $10, and it’s cash only. And don’t be surprised if you have to wait for a table – the place is big, but everyone in Avalon ends up there around brunch time. One final thing that you’ll also probably notice is that the dozens of waitresses running around are all high school girls. Just saying, it’s kinda weird.

• Visited May 2011
philadelphia
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Great family dining. You MUST try the peanut butter chocolate chip pankcakes!!! Only thing I didn't like was that there is not a kids menu but not a huge deal.

“Just okay”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Not that much of a menu if your not a pancake waffle eater. Had the veggie omlet, it was ok, expensive for the portion. Husband had French toast loved it, sides are extra though. Just okay all together. Service wAs just okay also.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Basic breakfast for a reasonable price...”
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Basic breakfast for a reasonable price. Came in Sunday morning, we where seatted quickly. Ordered pancakes and omelet. Omelet was average so where the pancakes. I thought the pancakes would be much better since it called Uncle Bill's house of pankcakes. Anybody could of cooked the same basic breakfast at home. The total bill for three people was $ 26. The only reason I would not recommend this place is because of 3 big flies that flew around while we at breakfast. If they have flies flying around in the dinning room, I wonder what goes on in the kitchen.