“Huge selection but expensive”

Brian's Waffle House
Ranked #23 of 67 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Enormous menu and long lines on the weekend. Expensive..breakfast for 4 was almost $70 with the tax and tip. Service was efficient and food was good and came as ordered. Atmosphere a bit of a mob scene.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We generally judge food by taste first and price second. I found Will's Favorite quite good--it's their take on Eggs Benedict. After a number of breakfasts there, their poached eggs are always perfectly done and the Hollandaise Sauce (home-made) worth the trip. I generally am not a pancake nor waffle fan to begin with, but I love Omelettes of all kinds AND, of course, Will's Favorite.

2  Thank Norris T
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The waitress was Great....the only thing!

For an established business this is not the go to Beach Joint. Over Priced...unappetizing; "Will's" breakfast.. So pitiyful. Waffle...could it be Freezer... Matter fact... Any item...lacks...lacks...
Milk small glass...3.25.

1  Thank ABizzyBB
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have a vacation home in Avalon and eat out regularly. We had breakfast at this restaurant many years ago and weren't impressed, but we thought since time had passed we would try it again. In this case, we are not waiting for three strikes, the restaurant is off our list after two.

My wife and I both ordered the same thing. Scambled eggs with diced ham and three pancakes. We also ordered a side order of home fries to share. The pancakes were thick and stuck to the roof of your mouth. I kept putting more and more syrup on them, but it didn't help. The home fries were more like steak fries and were very greasy. The scambled eggs were OK.

Our waiter said two things to us the entire time we were there. "What can I get you to drink" and "Can I take your order". That's it. He said nothing when he brought our food, he never checked on us, and he put our check on the table without saying a word. Remember, this is a vacation town where people are generally happy and talkative. My wife ordered ice tea with extra lemon to drink. He of course brought no extra lemon. She asked again when he brought the drinks. He said nothing, but nodded, but of course again didn't bring them. There were six young girls at the table next to us. They all had water and when dinner came they asked the waiter to simply bring out a pitcher of water which they thought would be easier for him then refilling all their glasses. Of course he forgot. He also forgot one of the girl's meals but never came back so the girl didn't get her meal until everyone else was done. I overheard them say they thought the waiter was "creepy" This was on a weekday morning, not a weekend. The place was not that crowded so there was no reason for such poor service. I can't imagine what it would be like at the height of the summer.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I have been to Brian's twice for breakfast. Once in the summer 2011and once in January 2012. Each time I was shocked by the high prices of the meal. The food was average at best (I had waffles the 1st time and pancakes the 2nd time). The portions were also average for a breakfast. The 2nd and most recent visit our waitress was miserable. The place was dead and I would think that she would be happy to see 8 people at her table. I would not recommend this tourist trap.