“Best Restaurant in Southern New Jersey!”
Review of Cafe Loren

Cafe Loren
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 23rd St.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have been going to Cafe' Loren for 15 years and have never been disappointed...Patty, the hostess, always greets you with a beautiful smile and makes you feel relaxed and at home.
The food is sensational...bring your own libations or run next door to Fred's to pickup wine from their extensive selections. We miss not being able to go year round, but they close the
end of Sept. Looking forward to the Spring and the Cafe' Loren...make it a priority if in Avalon,

2  Thank Kathy L

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We have been eating here three years now. Food and service consistently great. Party the Hostess is the mostest! It is BYOB and there is a pretty good liquor store almost right beside it, if you want to enjoy a good glass of wine with the tasty food

1  Thank John H
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This little cafe in Avalon is at the top of Trip Advisor for the shore for a reason. We went there for dinner on Sunday evening and we had a spectacular meal from start to finish. The calamari appetizer was incredible. I love to make calamari and this was done in a Sicilian style - with olives and tomatoes over a Parmesan polenta - WOW! The flavor was superb - I could have had this dish as an entree!! Get it!
The salads were excellent, both the baby greens and the Caesar salad. For an entree we both had the crab cakes - they were all crab meat and delicious. The other entree I considered was the rack of lamb. The folks at the table next to our ordered the rack and it looked incredible. everything about this restaurant is done to perfection. I would give this place my highest rating for food quality and service.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I tend not to eat out as often as we used to, mainly because I love to cook and often make dinners healthier (and sometimes better tasting) than most typical restaurants. However, on vacation in Stone Harbor, our family goes out more nights than not. Our night at Cafe Loren fell on my birthday, and I was glad it did.

As a fan of fall flavors, we were lucky enough to eat there just after they changed to the fall menu. I had the scallops which were on top of couscous with a pumpkin flavored sauce. Sadly, I can't remember the exact description of the meal to tell you what other seasonings were in the couscous, but I assure you it was devine. I also had a bowl of the coconut curry carrot soup. Also delicious! It's hard for me to describe it any other way. I just enjoy going to restaurants that not only change the menu seasonally, but that also use more unique flavors in their meals. Our server also brought me out a blueberry cobbler (with a birthday candle) for dessert. More blueberry than cobbler, it was fabulous. My husband had the most tender roasted rack of lamb with tomato basil orzo.

It was byfar the best meal of the trip (and all were good to begin with). Prices are a little higher, but I felt it was worth it. Also note that this is a BYOB.

1  Thank aliciainw0nderland
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We dined here as a table of 10 and every appetizer and meal were perfect. Absolutely fresh and delicious.Everybody loved their choices from the most adventurous eaters to the pickiest. A nice range of choices for most diners, although the non fish eaters at our table were really limited to the filet mignon, but they didn't mind! The service was professional and efficient but warm. It is BYOB and conveniently located near the liquor store. We had an early reservation, but did not feel the least bit rushed. Highly recommend.

1  Thank jkbmb