“Wonderful food with perfect service - BYOB”
Review of Fuze Italian

Fuze Italian
Reserve with OpenTable
Fuze Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 67 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: New
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Be warned that there are 2 Fuze's in Avalon and you would likely want to know what your in for
so just be aware that there is the Fuze bar and then the Fuze Italian. We haven't tried the bar but the menu is interesting and we'll likely get there.

Just read the other review and wanted to add that we also immensely enjoyed the "Broccoli Rabe". My poor wife has been trying for 20 years to get me to like this and where she may have slipped these folks made a monster plate that I would have happily eaten all myself though it would have made 2 meals. Not knowing this beforehand of course I ordered a side of spinach which was cooked "Italian", well seasoned with slices of browned garlic and also as a huge portions.
But first, if you have a liking for variety try the arugula and fig salad. We were ready to lick the plate clean - sharing one serving for the two of us and it was plenty. The waitress told us they ran out of figs last weekend which shows how good and popular this salad is.
The entree's we had, Mussels in red over Angel hair and Fruiti de Mare in white over spaghetti were done just perfectly and served in bowls that held in the heat though out the meal.
The bread - usually ignored in reviews, was just as good and served with both an oil with herbs and capers and a roasted head of garlic.

Sadly we don't come to the area often enough to realize we needed to BYOB. That said - we enjoyed our meal as much as we ever have anywhere outside of home - I can't rate this one highly enough. Want to go back now!

1  Thank rusty9930
There are newer reviews for Fuze Italian

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Fuze Italian opened Mother’s Day Weekend and is a welcomed addition to Downtown Avalon fine dinning.
Even though it was “opening weekend”, service was excellent. Yes a few “hiccups” but all in all a very pleasant dinning experience.
Décor has been much improved inside and outside by an extensive Rehab and is a good start.
The food was great, a Tad expensive but “you get what you pay for”.
Huge portions exceptionally prepared, 5 or 6 Veal dishes (my favorite choices) but the Veal Chop was only available as a Monday Night Special- Bummer.
I opted for the Broccoli Robe (Ala Carte), Tender, sweet and a HUGE plate of it! Enough for 2 or 3 people. My wife (the Mother on Mothers Day) was presented with a Carnation – nice touch.
The Caesar Salad was bigger that we have ever seen, again enough for 2 or 3 people, better than half was put aside to take home, it was excellent as were the “Truck load” or so of wonderful Mussels in a white sauce (Red is also available).
We will be back often, Anthony and Steve should be proud of their new Restaurant.
I will highly recommend FUZE Italian at 21st and Dune to all my friends.