“Shore Delight”
Review of Rock 'n Chair

Rock 'n Chair
Reserve with OpenTable
Rock 'n Chair is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 66 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 24th
Description: Upscale shore casual with open air feel and outside patio seating. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, opening at 8 am. Great breakfast Bloody Mary's and breakfast cocktail menu, and our new Martini menu is sure to please.
Avalon, New Jersey
“Shore Delight”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Food is always prepared perfectly, have not had an average meal yet. Good selection of wines on site. Also a great place for lunch or just to cool off on a warm day.

Visited April 2012

Nanaimo, Canada
“Very good food and good service.”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My spouse and I were visiting Stone Harbor, but couldn't find a restaurant open that had the kind of food we like, so we drove to Avalon and came upon the Rock n Chair. We looked at the menu and decided to try it, especially as it seemed very popular with locals. Our waitress was very nice, despite my being a little cranky due to being tired and having low blood sugar. She answered questions about the entrees and thanks to her I tried the grilled flounder. My spouse had the pecan chicken. The flounder was well-prepared and flavorful and the mashed potatoes and veggies were cooked just right. My spouse found the pecan chicken good, but nothing to write home about. Prices were reasonable.

• Visited September 2011
Sea Isle City, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing ......obnoxious manager”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Visited the restaurant twice during vacation... first time for drinks which were fine...

Visited again on Labor Day.. save your time and money

Visited September 2011
1 Thank sam s
Stone Harbor, New Jersey
“Not what it use to be.”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I use to love this restaurant. It was a perfect spot for a group because you had the option of a full dinner or a nice salad and sandwich menu. Menu is roughly the same but the food has gone down hill drastically. They have always had an issue with the rolls. They are always stale. I had a spinach salad, which was okay but over-dressed. We both had a sea bass special, which was tasteless. A side of mushroom risotto was very good but the portion was small. Won't be back.

• Visited August 2011
Tokyo
“Decent "Before 6pm" menu, casual dining, can accommodate large groups”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Since we were all beached out early in the day, we decided to hit up the "Before 6pm" menu, which offers a good selection of seafood at a decent price. We dined outside, on a rather small elevated deck. Compared to an enormous interior, the deck was a little cramped. My deck at home is bigger, but nevertheless, I'm not here to criticize outdoor seating. The interior is large, and as noted, can accommodate large groups. A section just south of the large, wrap-around bar was even closed off to diners. The place must have had a facelift recently, as everything was clean and had a sparkle of "new" to it. Our waitress was just tops, as she was extremely attentive, polite, and warm. She engaged in brief conversation and showed genuine interest in our dining experience, as well as each of us, personally. This is tough to find in a seasonal place such as Avalon/Stone Harbor. You could see that she had the support of her staff, and wasn't bogged down by the workload.

We all had crab cakes of some variety, and were stuffed full of sweet potato fries and complementary bread. Overall, the Rock 'n Chair provided us with an enjoyable dining experience, decent food, and a courteous staff. This is a place I will return to, and hope that they can fill this large space a bit more in the future. I am, however, curious as to the name...not much ROCK going on here. Maybe I misunderstood the name...

• Visited July 2011