“love it!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Windrift Resort Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Avalon
Dayton, Ohio
“love it!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

this is the best hotel I have ever been too ! they have great service an great view of the ocean and an amazing pool! I also believe that they have the most wonderful restraint in a hotel i've ever been to I love eating chips and burgers bye the pool and going to the beach ! so much fun and great memories there ! I go to new jersey every summer and maby 4 out of 6 times I go to the windrift and the repares and updates are certinatly worth it ! and the bathroom looked amazing as well as the rooms and other sites in the windrift

Room Tip: I suggest you pick a room that's in between everything with a good view of the pool or beach ! I...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 8, 2013

During our recent stay in Avalon we stayed at the Windrift Hotel. It was wonderful and right on the beach. We enoyed Friday night in the Piano bar and the staff Debbie and Dave were the best. friendly, courteous. The next day we found this great store called Serendipity at 2268
Dune Drive. it was a fun shopping experience and the prices were the best on the island. It is
worth stopping at they have so many items everone in the family is bound to find something special to rememeber their vacation in Avalon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank beltz1721
Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We also had room H3. All I can say was "Wow". It was perfect for our family. The kids had their own room. My in-laws had a room, and we had the master suite. It was decorate nice, had a great view, and was completey modern. My husband who always finds something wrong loved it. He even said that maybe we could come back again. He also said that the bed/pillow combination made him have the best sleep he has had in a while. Also, I should mention that we loved the bar areas too. One night we went into the back and danced with our family and friends that were also there for a wedding, and the second night we chose to hang out in the front bar and talk with them (after the wedding). It really has something for everyone. I would highly recommend!!!

Room Tip: H3 all the way
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 644kellyp
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We rented a 3 bedroom suite. We were lucky to get a room that overlooked the pool and had a partial view of the beach/ocean (I think the room was H3). The rooms were nice, and we had 2 bathrooms with a living room, dining area and full kitchen! Small balcony was just off the dining room area and had the nice view. There were weddings both nights we stayed, so some of the resort was inaccessible to us (disappointed) but we made do. The pool was a walk in pool with hot tub adjacent. We never left the resort- it had everything- bars, dining, pool, etc! Would go back- greta for couples, families and girl/guy weekends!

Room Tip: Ask for pool view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Owings Mills, Maryland, USA
Reviewed October 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a great place for the family or as a couple. Tons options to dine and drink or swim. We had one of the two bedroom suites which had plenty of room for the boys and us. Our sons were able to 'wander' about the property and enjoy the facilities without a lot of supervision.

In addition...there is a big sports facility right next door with basketball, soccer, etc...

Highly recommended.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John H
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I agree- it is expensive. My husband and I usually come in October when its more affordable- quiet then to. In season we stay at the Concord Suites with our kids and will frequent the Windrift for meals and drinks.
Always happy with the rooms- clean...great decor. We got a King efficiency this past weekend. There was a wedding going on so the second floor dining was not available. And the guest were a bit loud in the halls from partying.
Overall....I'm a fan of the Windrift....wish it was more affordable in season for us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mattnmia277
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

When I got to the hotel on Friday my room was dirty. It looked like the bathroom had never been cleaned. The manager came up and sent a cleaning person up to clean. She bleached the bathroom which was very nice and the manager apologized and told me there will be a change in my final bill. The room, however, had a terrible odor every time we opened the door. We paid a lot of money for this room and it was the small room of an adjoining room. We didn't have an adjoining room. There was no closet, iron or ironing board in the room. It said in the book in the room that every room had a closet, iron and ironing board. I found that very interesting. When I checked out on Sunday, the manager took $30 off my bill -REALLY?? Since I prepaid for the first night, I feel he could of taken half off the second night. The only good thing I can say is the breakfast was very nice. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Marguerite m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avalon
Icona Golden Inn
#1 of 7 in Lower Township
La Mer Beachfront  Inn
La Mer Beachfront Inn
#17 of 37 in Cape May

Been to Windrift Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!