“Vacation 2017”

Restaurant Mar y Tierra
Ranked #60 of 88 Restaurants in Salinas
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

This place is very attractive. The outside has a ship shape all of nice and shiny wood work. Food was good, portions were good until the server came back to the us to let us know that they didn't have any avocado as we ordered . But otherwise all was good. Price and presentation was good.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

A memorable meal! I ordered paella and I was absolutely delighted with it. Great location with a wonderful view

Reviewed May 22, 2017

Our guide took us here. It was a good place to eat at but unfortunately they were out of a few of the things we tried to order/
Still was ok.

Reviewed September 13, 2016

I just returned from Ecuador (1 Sep 16) after about three weeks exploring the beautiful country. Went to Salinas to be able to check the environment there and see about real estate possibilities. This restaurant has a nice face to it and it has a nice view - location is great - That"s where anything positive about this restaurant ends

The service was horrendous (to say the least) Just one example - asked for an garlic sauce (which was available - nothing special) and I am still waiting for it. The fish was so uncooked it was disgusting.

Anyway, I don't like writing bad reviews but this restaurant deserves to be out of business. I communicated my concerns to both the server and to the manager and got a sign of the hand - "sorry that's what we offer" Do not ruin your day by going to this place

Reviewed September 6, 2016

We were driving through Salinas for the day and stopped in here for a beer and snack. We ended up eating lunch and it was a complete waste of our time and money. I ordered the camarones al ajillo, which came out to one very small shrimp per dollar ($9) and it was not well seasoned; my husband ordered the whole fish lunch special and it was overcooked. He asked for an aioli or garlic type of sauce for the fish and our waiter never returned with it. There are plenty of other options, so keep on walking.